What is herbal tea? Is it really tea? Where does it come from? This is part 3 in my tea series. You can find the others here and here. Herbal tea really isn’t tea from the plant, it’s a tisane made from herbs and water. The herbs are usually dried and steeped, or can be fresh and placed in a teacup of hot water. There are some great things about herbal tea. You can enjoy it hot or cold. You can buy or make your own tea. You can find it in the health food store, grocery store or even in your backyard or your local Lowes or Home Depot in the plant section.
- There is no caffeine (yeah)
- It comes from herbs (many in your backyard)
- There are health benefits (too many to list)
- Some can soothe your stomach (like peppermint)
- It can help you fall asleep at night (like Chamomile)
- Its a good detox (milk thistle and dandelion help your kidneys and liver)
- It’s cheap (if you make your own)
Do you like herbal tea? Have you found one you really like? Make sure you sign up for our next post in the series of Tea time. You can also follow on facebook or twitter. I look forward to seeing you soon. Don’t forget to leave me a comment letting me know how you celebrate tea time.