Caramel Filled Pretzel Cookies stuffed with a Rolo is what you get with these cookies. Made with Brown and granulated sugars, crushed pretzels wrapped around a Rolo. What else could you want in a cookie? Find these and other dessert recipes here.
Caramel Filled Pretzel Cookies
This weekend I made these amazing cookies after I was asked to bake for our new families at our school. We are having back to school night tomorrow and they welcome all the new families with basket filled with cookies and treats. I think it is really a nice touch.
I made these cookies in a few hours. The longest time it takes is the refrigeration time. You form the cookies, place them in the fridge and a few hours or days later you can bake them off in 10 minutes. They were really simple and I was able to make a few extra for the family. I really liked that the recipe made 4 dozen cookies, that is a great amount to give away and keep some yourself. Now for the recipe.
- 3 sticks of butter, softened
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 TB vanilla extract
- 4 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 TB cornstarch
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 ts salt
- 3 cups crushed pretzels
- 4 dozen Rolo candies
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease or use parchment paper on cookie sheet.
- Cream butter and sugars together in a large bowl. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Add to butter mixture.
- Stir until combined. Stir in crushed pretzels. Use about 1 TB of dough, roll each ball around a Rolo, completely sealing the candy inside the dough.
- Chill for at least 2 hours or up to a couple days if you don't want to eat them right away.
- Bake for 8-11 minutes until edges are lightly brown.
- Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes and then cool completely on wire rack.
Here are some of the items I used in making these cookies.