It’s the season of pumpkin and I am sure I could fit in one more recipe for easy pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting. I love all the pumpkin recipes so far and I can’t say that this will be the last. Yesterday I made my Lemon bars and these pumpkin bars to take to a family get together. They were quick and really only had two steps to make them. I like those kind of recipes when you are in the busy holiday season and trying to tackle so many things. On another fun note, I am being featured on a Misadventures with Andi today. Stop by and take look.
Easy Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
I had planned to make a couple of pies, but time just did not allow. Since the kids are off this week, they wanted to go here and there and since we were traveling for Thanksgiving, I decided not to stress about it and just enjoy what I did get done.
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⅔ cup of white granulated sugar
- 15 oz can of pumpkin
- 2 cups of sifted all purpose flour
- 2 ts baking powder
- 2 ts ground cinnamon
- 1 ts baking soda
- 1 ts salt
- 1 8 oz package of softened cream cheese
- 1 stick of soften butter
- 2 cups sifted confectioners sugar
- 1 ts Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- In an electric mixer mix eggs, oil, sugar, pumpkin, until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture.
- Pour batter into a 13 X 10 inch greased pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool completely
- Mix, cream cheese and butter in electric mixer, add sugar and vanilla. Spread Frosting on top and cut into bars.
These pumpkin bars can be made a little shorter by using a slightly larger pan. You can also add a little cinnamon in the frosting to give it a little more spice. It is a light and airy cake, it’s so good. Sign up to receive these recipes right in your inbox and get a FREE baking substitution chart printable.
If you like this recipe you might try: