Dairy-Free Buttercream Frosting is a perfect alternative to Butter Based frosting when you are choosing a Vegan or Non-Dairy lifestyle.
Do you love frosting? Could you sit down with a spoon and just eat it by itself? Maybe you are lactose intolerant or have an allergy to milk or just prefer dairy-free recipes.
That’s why I created this non-dairy frosting recipe for you. You can use it with my creative cupcake recipes found here
Enjoy More Dairy-free and Vegan recipes here:
- Dairy-Free Dalgona Coffee
- Vegan Chocolate Banana Cupcakes
- Gluten-Free Monster Cookies
- Dairy-Free Chocolate Ganache
- Dairy-Free Pumpkin Smoothie
There are so many people that have allergies and want to avoid certain ingredients. But sometimes you just don’t know what you can substitute or know which one to use.
The only ingredient I had to go and get was the earth balance butter sticks. They do cost a little more than dairy butter, but they have the same consistency and therefore, make it easier to make the frosting so it’s not too runny.
They taste pretty much the same as regular vanilla buttercream. You will really enjoy cupcakes made with this non-dairy frosting.
How to Make Dairy-Free Frosting
Dairy Free Buttercream Frosting
- 1 stick of Earth Balance Vegan Sticks
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 ts Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 ts salt
- In a stand mixer place the Earth Balance stick with the coconut oil until blended
- Add confectioners sugar 1 cup at a time
- Add the vanilla
- Add the salt
- Stop the mixer, scrape the bowl and mix one more time.
- Frost cupcake and place leftover frosting in an airtight container and refrigerate.
Don’t miss the Vegan Substitute Chart Printable above.
If you like this recipe give it a 5-star review in the comments.
If you want to make non-dairy buttercream in chocolate, you can find a recipe on Epicurious. This is a very versatile recipe, so jump in there and make some frosting for your cupcakes.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I get a small commission. Please see my disclosure policy for details
Ingredients I use in making this frosting:
Earth Balance Sticks
Options for Making this Recipe
- Use Swerve Confectioners Sugar (sugar-free)
- Use Crisco Vegetable Shortening if You can’t find Earth Balance Sticks
- Use another flavor extract besides Vanilla.