While visiting Palm Springs for your Vacation, try some of these 22 fun family-friendly Palm Springs Vacation Activities.
There is really more fun things for kids to do in the desert than you would think. When we moved here 30 years ago, we didn’t know the area and we had no children. A few years later the kids came along and we had to find things for them to do for entertainment.
In the last 15 years or so, this area has been transitioning from a resort town to many full-time residents. Many of these venues have special programs for kids and adults during summer and holidays such as Coachella Fest, Desert Classic and Stage Coach. Make sure you call ahead or look online to find them.
Fun Family-Friendly Palm Springs Vacation Activities
Fun Things for Families to Do in Palm Springs
- Wet and Wild Waterpark This water park is for all ages. There are activities for everyone. It is open from March to October. Located in Palm Springs. Bring sunscreen and towels. Water bottles allowed. You can bring coolers and leave in the car. No food is allowed inside the park. Lockers are available. Open until 6:00 pm during the season.
- Children’s Discover Museum This is a fun place for children 2 – 11. They have many activities to explore, learn archaeology, art, and even a grocery store for them to shop and use the cash register. There is also the VW Bug automobile, that you can actually paint. During the summer or spring break, they have classes you can register for.
- Living Desert Reserve The Living Desert is where you can see all kinds of wildlife, in its natural habitat. The Living Desert is for all ages. There are also special sleep-overs. Check the website for these special events.
- Desert Ice Castle The newest addition to the desert. The Coachella Valley has been waiting for this fun-filled place to cool off. It has been packed ever since it open September 9, 2011.
- Fountain of Life This is a free event. Yeah. It’s for younger children. There is a sitting area for adults. You can visit the Mary Pickford Movie Theater before or after they are done playing.
- Civic Center Park for bike paths, a lake, ducks, skateboarding and grassy areas for picnicking
- Palm Desert Aquatic Center located in the Civic Center Park, great for toddlers and small children with lots of pools and small water slides.
- Living Desert is a part zoo and part botanical gardens with shuttles or walking tours. They even have an animal hospital on the premises.
- Palm Springs Aerial Tram, one of Palm Springs best-known attractions. You will soar high above the mountains in cable cars where it is 20 – 30 degrees cooler and find lots of trails and a restaurant to dine at.
- Boomers Palm Springs, play miniature golf, race bumper cars, rock climb and play video games.
- Desert Rocks, the newest addition to the desert. It is an indoor rock climbing facility. Pay by the day or month. Also children’s parties available.
- Get Air, in Palm Desert, One of the largest Trampoline parks. Book your next Birthday Party here.
- Cabazon Dinosaurs Just 20 minutes outside of Palm Springs you can visit the world’s biggest dinosaur exhibit.
- The Air Museum The Palm Springs Air Museum is a living history museum dedicated to educating the public about the role Air Power played in preserving American liberties and way of life.
- The Windmill Farm Tour The only Two Hour tour that goes inside the wind farm’s fences. Closed Sundays
- Joshua Tree National Park Two distinct desert ecosystems, the Mojave and Colorado, come together in Joshua Tree National Park. A fascinating variety of plants and animals make their homes in a land sculpted by strong winds and occasional torrents of rain.
- Desert X Art Exhibitions Visit the schedule
- Kid Friendly Hotels Splashtopia is located at the Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa, the only area resort to have its own water park with water slides and a lazy river. There are two 100-foot water slides, a small beach for young children, a Jacuzzi, and a water-play area with fountains and sprinklers. There is also a big splash pool nearby.
- Jeep Tours Individuals and families can enjoy open-air Jeep Tours to the San Andreas Fault, Palm Springs Indian Canyons, or the majestic Painted Canyon in the Mecca Hills Wilderness Area. We also offer climate controlled tours to Joshua Tree National Park.
- Smoke Tree Stables Experience a few quiet hours of “getting away from it all” on over 150 miles of convenient riding trails that provide both solitude and breathtaking beauty.
- Sunnylands Gardens Walk 1.25 miles of paths through beautifully landscaped gardens, home to more than 70 drought tolerant plant species. Rancho Mirage’s crown jewel, Sunnylands Center & Gardens, hosts special events and other activities for all ages throughout the year, including free guided tours.
- Tahquitz Canyons and Waterfalls include hiking and 60 ft waterfalls.
Enjoy Family-Friendly Activities on your next Palm Springs Vacation.
Free Menu Planning Cheat Sheets
Subscribe to get our latest recipes, budgeting and encouraging tips and receive our Free menu plan cheat sheet with 7 days sample recipes for Free.