Have you set your blogging goals yet for the new year?
How about your personal goals for 2014?
I sat down yesterday and pulled out my goals for 2013 and went over them, I was surprised at how many I actually fulfilled and some that I was close too. Some that after reviewing them, I realized they did not seam as important to me now. So I wrote out the new goals and I am also planning on doing a seminar with Michael Hyatt this week on how to work on them.
But as for my blogging goals, that has always been a challenge. I don’t want my blog to be a hobby, I want to do this full time, but I am limited on time for the next few months, since I have other commitments including a full time job, a part time job and 3 children. So while I am off work the next week, I plan to really sit down and get quiet and figure out where I am going, so to speak.
I had a lot of interruptions in the last few months. One being that my computer crashed. Yuck. Then, I had my blog updated, but while that was happening, apparently I didn’t get an email that I needed to renew my hosting. So it went down for a week. Double Yuck. The worst was I lost several friends and people I really cared about in a short time. I am still recovering and dealing with those emotions. Then Christmas hit and you know where I am going with this. I lost all track of everything.
Today it’s quiet and I can sit down and decide what I want now. So I am working on my list and plan to read it everyday. I think it’s as important to read it daily if not more important than just writing it down.
So here goes. My top 8 Blogging Goals for 2014.
- Blog (probably the most important) Just do it. At least 1 post a week.
- Take better pictures. Use some fun photo apps. I am gonna check these out.
- I want to do more vlogging. I have been a big chicken in this area. So I going to step out of my comfort zone.
- I want to go on the road with my blog. I want to travel and review some Tea Houses. I did this 5 years ago but I wasn’t blogging then.
- Learn more about SEO. This is probably a big one for most bloggers, but figuring it out is almost a full time job.
- Promote, Share and Meet other fabulous bloggers, with blog hops and twitter chats.
- Go to at least one blogging conference this year.
- Learn how to use more plug ins. I had a blog plug in for back ups but when my site went down, I had no idea how to find the back up or what it was called. I guess this should be moved to number 1.
Most of all, I want to have fun doing what I love, talking about Tea and Baking. If it starts to feel like a chore, it’s not worth it.
I would love to hear if you have any additional goals that I might add to my list. Share them with me in the comment section or on facebook.
Free Menu Planning Cheat Sheets
Subscribe to get our latest recipes, budgeting and encouraging tips and receive our Free menu plan cheat sheet with 7 days sample recipes for Free.