Have you set your blogging goals yet for the new year?
How about your personal goals for 2014?
I sat down yesterday and pulled out my goals for 2013 and went over them, I was surprised at how many I actually fulfilled and some that I was close too. Some that after reviewing them, I realized they did not seam as important to me now. So I wrote out the new goals and I am also planning on doing a seminar with Michael Hyatt this week on how to work on them.
But as for my blogging goals, that has always been a challenge. I don’t want my blog to be a hobby, I want to do this full time, but I am limited on time for the next few months, since I have other commitments including a full time job, a part time job and 3 children. So while I am off work the next week, I plan to really sit down and get quiet and figure out where I am going, so to speak.
I had a lot of interruptions in the last few months. One being that my computer crashed. Yuck. Then, I had my blog updated, but while that was happening, apparently I didn’t get an email that I needed to renew my hosting. So it went down for a week. Double Yuck. The worst was I lost several friends and people I really cared about in a short time. I am still recovering and dealing with those emotions. Then Christmas hit and you know where I am going with this. I lost all track of everything.
Today it’s quiet and I can sit down and decide what I want now. So I am working on my list and plan to read it everyday. I think it’s as important to read it daily if not more important than just writing it down.
So here goes. My top 8 Blogging Goals for 2014.
- Blog (probably the most important) Just do it. At least 1 post a week.
- Take better pictures. Use some fun photo apps. I am gonna check these out.
- I want to do more vlogging. I have been a big chicken in this area. So I going to step out of my comfort zone.
- I want to go on the road with my blog. I want to travel and review some Tea Houses. I did this 5 years ago but I wasn’t blogging then.
- Learn more about SEO. This is probably a big one for most bloggers, but figuring it out is almost a full time job.
- Promote, Share and Meet other fabulous bloggers, with blog hops and twitter chats.
- Go to at least one blogging conference this year.
- Learn how to use more plug ins. I had a blog plug in for back ups but when my site went down, I had no idea how to find the back up or what it was called. I guess this should be moved to number 1.
Most of all, I want to have fun doing what I love, talking about Tea and Baking. If it starts to feel like a chore, it’s not worth it.
I would love to hear if you have any additional goals that I might add to my list. Share them with me in the comment section or on facebook.