California Chicken Sandwich with Citrus Mayo
There is a New Comfort Food wave coming and this California Chicken Sandwich with Citrus Mayo fits the bill.
Servings 4 Sandwiches
- Citrus Mayonnaise:
- 1/3 light or fat free mayo
- 2 TB orange juice or 2 drops Orange culinary grade essential oil
- 1 TS lime juice or 1 drop Lime culinary grade essential oil
- 1/2 ts of ground cumin
- 1/ ts hot sauce:
- 4 (4oz) skinned, boned chicken breast halves or tenders
- 1/4 salt
- 1/8 ts pepper
- 8 Slices of toasted sourdough bread
- 4 small romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 - 2 Tomato sliced
- 1 sliced avocado
Combine first 5 ingredients in bowl for mayonnaise in small bowl.
To prepare the sandwiches, add salt and pepper to chicken as desired.
Cook chicken in a non stick skillet sprayed with cooking oil. Cook 5 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from heat. Let cool. Cut chicken diagonally across grain into thin slices. Toast Sourdough Bread.
Spread 1 TB citrus mayonnaise on each of 8 bread slices. Add lettuce, tomato and avocado.
Serve with Fresh Fruit.