California Chicken Sandwich with Citrus Mayo
There is a New Comfort Food wave coming and this California Chicken Sandwich with Citrus Mayo fits the bill.
Servings 4 Sandwiches
- 1/3 light or fat free mayo
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice or 2 drops Orange culinary grade essential oil
- 1 teaspoon lime juice or 1 drop Lime culinary grade essential oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 4 skinned, boned chicken breast halves or tenders 4 oz each
- 1/4 salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 Slices of toasted sourdough bread
- 4 small romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 - 2 Tomato sliced
- 1 sliced avocado
Combine first 5 ingredients in bowl for mayonnaise in small bowl.
To prepare the sandwiches, add salt and pepper to chicken as desired.
Cook chicken in a non stick skillet sprayed with cooking oil. Cook 5 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from heat. Let cool. Cut chicken diagonally across grain into thin slices. Toast Sourdough Bread.
Spread 1 TB citrus mayonnaise on each of 8 bread slices. Add lettuce, tomato and avocado.
Calories: 574kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 917mg | Potassium: 979mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 2824IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 94mg | Iron: 6mg