Red White Blue Unicorn Cupcakes
Enjoy these fun Patriotic, Red White, and Blue Unicorn Cupcakes any time of year or occassion. They are fun for the whole family.
- 1 Box Vanilla Cake Mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter 1 Stick
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup Jimmy Sprinkles Patriotic
Vanilla Frosting Ingredients
- 3 Cups Butter Unsalted and Softened
- 6 Cups Sifted Powdered Sugar
- 5 TBS Heavy Whipping Cream 3-7 Tablespoons it can vary
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Red and Blue Gel Food Coloring
- Wilton Unicorn Icing Kit Sold at Michaels and Walmart
Preheat over to 350 degrees for 20 minutes
Line the cupcake pan with liners
In Medium bowl, stir cake mix, butter and milk.
Mix in the Patriotic Sprinkles until Combined
Fill the cupcake liners with batter until 3/4 way full with an ice cream scoop. Bake for 21 minutes or until done when touched in the center and they pop back.
Let cool for 30 minutes.
Vanilla Frosting Ingredients
Add Sifted Powdered Sugar, Softened Butter, Vanilla Extract and Whipping Cream (start with 3 Tbs) in a hand mixer or stand mixer. Mix for 5 minutes. Add Whipping Cream as needed.
Scoop 1 ½ C of frosting into another bowl and set aside
Using the ice cream scooper, scoop out some frosting and place it onto the cupcakes
Using a mini angled spatula, lightly spread and smooth evenly into a thick mound of frosting
Dip the cupcake into the sprinkles to coat the frosting mound. ( I add these to a shallow bowl)
Using the frosting that was set aside, divide the frosting into two bowls. Mix in red food coloring into one bowl. Mix in blue food coloring into the second bowl
Scoop the red frosting onto 1 side of the piping bag. Scoop the blue frosting onto the other side of the piping bag. Or use two piping bags, one for each color and then put both bags (with tips cut off) into a larger 16" bag with a 1 M tip inside. Make a small swirl on top of cupcake.
Place the Unicorn Horn and Ears from the icing package into the red and blue frosting
You can use the same Jimmys inside the cake as you do on top if you like are use smaller ones inside and larger on top.
You will need a whole pound of butter.
Check your cupcakes a few minutes early so they are not overdone. Cupcakes continue to bake a few minutes after you take them out of the oven while still in the pan.
Get a good Gel Color for frosting, so they are really bright.
Remove the Unicorn Candy Horn an Ears before consuming.
Enjoy these Patriotic Cupcakes for Memorial Day and July 4th or any time of year you want to be Patriotic.
Items Needed for these Red, White and Blue Unicorn Cupcakes:
- 1 package of Wilton Sprinkles pouch mix, Red (for inside cupcake)
- 1 package of Wilton Sprinkles pouch mix, Blue (for inside cupcake)
- 1 package of Wilton Sprinkles pouch mix, Diamond (for inside cupcake)
- Patriotic Jimmys for on top (optional)
- Box French Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1 package of Wilton Unicorn Icing Decorations (Found at Walmart and Michaels)
- Red and Blue gel food coloring
- Angled Knife
- 12" Frosting Bags
- 1M Tip
- Ice Cream Scoop
- Cupcake Liners (Red, White or Blue or Patriotic)
- Cupcake Pan
Serving: 1g | Calories: 461kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 100mg | Sodium: 367mg | Potassium: 45mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 39g | Vitamin A: 923IU | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 1mg