Pineapple and Mango Salsa
A Fresh and sweet Pineapple and Mango salsa with a little crunch that goes well with honey Cornbread Crackers for a summer barbecue or get together. A Great Summer Side Dish.
Servings 4 servings
- 3 Mangos Chopped
- 1 Papaya Chopped
- 1 cup Pineapple Chunks
- 1 Jalapeno Chopped and Seeded
- 1/4 cup Onion Chopped
- 1/4 cup Cilantro Chopped
- 1 Lime Squeezed
Tips to Cut a Mango
- Get a Sharp 6 or 8″ knife, a Y-Shaped Peeler and a Paper Towel.
- Carefully Peel the Mango with Y-Shaped Peeler
- Cut about 1/2″ off the bottom of the Mango and Stand mango up
- Find the two flatter sides of the Mango and cut thin 1/4″ slices off. You should get about 3-4 slices off each side.
- Then cut the sides-you should get a few small pieces off each side
- Then lay each slice flat and dice them the size you want.
- The Mango has a large seed in the middle. If you hit it when slicing, just move the knife slightly over to avoid it.
Calories: 172kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 10mg | Potassium: 518mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 37g | Vitamin A: 2545IU | Vitamin C: 118mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 1mg