A Fresh and sweet tropical fruit salsa with a little crunch that goes well with your favorite crackers or tortilla chips for summer grilling barbecues.
Making this fruit salsa is a great addition to summer grilling. It is not too sweet and the jalapeno and onion add some great flavors and textures to it. You may also like this Berry Salsa Recipe.
Why this Salsa is Special
This Tropical Salsa is more of a side dish than a dip. It has all the flavors of sweet and spicy and can be presented with your barbecued steaks or hamburgers. It makes a beautiful presentation of different colors that appeal to the eye. You can add a few chopped strawberries if you like.
It can also be just a great weekend appetizer. You can cheat by buying the fruits and veggies already chopped to save time. But you will save money by chopping it all yourself.
For this recipe you need, Papaya, Mango, Pineapple, Jalapeno, Red Onion, Cilantro, and Limes.
*This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I get a small commission. Please see my disclosure policy for details
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I get a small commission. Please see my disclosure policy for details
Tips to Cut a Mango
- Get a Sharp 6 or 8″ knife, a Y-Shaped Peeler and a Paper Towel.
- Carefully Peel the Mango with Y-Shaped Peeler
- Cut about 1/2″ off the bottom of the Mango and Stand mango up
- Find the two flatter sides of the Mango and cut thin 1/4″ slices off. You should get about 3-4 slices off each side.
- Then cut the sides-you should get a few small pieces off each side
- Then lay each slice flat and dice them the size you want.
- The Mango has a large seed in the middle. If you hit it when slicing, just move the knife slightly over to avoid it.
For More Summer Grilling Recipes Try These
- Grilled Vegetables in Foil Packs
- Grilled Chicken Pita Pockets
- Great Grilling Gadgets
- Easy Steak on the Indoor Grill
- Pineapple Tropical Smoothie
Tropical Fruit Salsa
- 3 Mangos Chopped
- 1 Papaya Chopped
- 1 Cup Pineapple Chunks
- 1 Jalapeno Chopped and Seeded
- 1/4 cup Onion Chopped
- 1/4 cup Cilantro Chopped
- 1 Lime Squeezed
- Chop or Dice all ingredients. Add to a serving bowl and squeeze lime juice on top. Serve with your favorite cracker or tortilla chips.