It’s football season and time for all the dips and chips and snack foods to come out. Since we will be eating more, I thought I would make a light 7 layer dip. Last week we had Spicy Artichoke Party Dip and that can be lightened up too. So there is no excuse to have some fun snacks or appetizers.
Light 7 Layer Dip
This recipe is adapted from the traditional 7 layer dip with refried beans or hamburger, but this is vegetarian style. You could essentially put anything you want into this dip and recipe is a great start.
- 8 oz ⅓ less fat Philadelphia cream cheese
- 8 oz reduced fat sour cream
- 16 oz jar mild salsa
- ½ packet taco seasoning
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded fine
- 2 large tomatoes, seeds removed and diced
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 2.25 oz sliced black olives
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, salsa and taco seasoning and mix well with an electric mixer. Spread on the bottom of a large shallow glass dish.Top with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, shredded cheese and black olives. Serve with baked or gluten free tortilla chips.
I have to say this was gone in about 20 minutes and I didn’t even miss the refried beans that I usually use. I didn’t tell my hubby either so I don’t think he noticed. With all the eating we have done over the last few weeks, we needed this lighter version.
If you liked this light 7 layer dip recipe, try these also:
Find more recipes in this low cal recipe book.
Never miss another post:
Subscribe and I’ll keep you posted