This creamy Hot Artichoke Dip is full of flavor. The perfect appetizer for game day or any gathering. It promises to be a real crowd-pleaser and it can be made in less than 30 minutes.
If you want an appetizer dip that is full of flavor that you know everyone is going to love then this is the recipe for you. The artichoke dip is creamy and cheesy but packs a flavor punch. The subtle hum of garlic and the gentle spice from the cayenne pepper elevated this smooth and creamy dip. It’s guaranteed to impress.
You can have this dip ready in less than half an hour and is super easy to make. Baking this dip transforms the flavors and dipping in either a bit of crusty bread or your favorite crudettes is the perfect way to enjoy it. If you want a dish to take to your next potluck or party then this is the one to take. You won’t regret it!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Creamy and delicious – This artichoke dip takes simple ingredients and transforms them into a flavorsome dip.
- Simple ingredients – You don’t need anything elaborate or fancy. Simple ingredients cooked well and combined with excellent flavors.
- The perfect make-ahead dip – Make this dip ahead of time and have something ready to go when you need it. Storage information can be found later in this post.
- Everyone will love it – This is a dip that feeds a crowd.
- Artichoke hearts – You can use standard canned artichokes or even marinated ones as they have lots of additional flavor. Make sure they are drained and chopped.
- Mayonnaise and Sour Cream – These two ingredients are the perfect base for this dip and give it that creaminess you will love.
- Grated parmesan cheese – Fresh parmesan cheese is best for this recipe. It gives you that tangy flavor and melts well with the dip ingredients.
- Lemon juice – The lemon juice cuts through the flavors and helps to balance everything.
- White pepper – The subtle heat from the white pepper works incredibly well with the creamy ingredients.
- Garlic powder – Garlic is the perfect accompaniment to the artichoke hearts.
- Cayenne pepper – A subtle way to add some heat and spice.
- Bacon – This is an optional extra but adds a little extra something to this delicious dip.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Combine artichokes, mayo, sour cream, 1 cup parmesan, lemon juice, white pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper in a large bowl. Stir until mixed.
- Pour ingredients into an 8 or 9-inch round baking dish. Sprinkle leftover parmesan on top and crumbled bacon.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until the top is brown. Serve warm with cut-up vegetables, pita chips, or tortilla chips. Enjoy!
Substitutions and Variations
- Why not make a lighter version of this dip and use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream? It will still taste amazing.
- Add some spinach to this dip for extra flavor and veggie goodness. Just make sure that the spinach is cooked and you have squeezed all of the moisture out of it before adding. Otherwise, you will get a watery dip.
- Substitute the parmesan for other melting cheese like mozzarella or cheddar. You may need to adjust the seasoning.
- Add some roasted vegetables on top of the dip before serving.
This is a great dip that can be served with chips, baguettes, or veggies. It is also a delicious dip to add to a charcuterie board or serve as an appetizer. I like to bring it whenever we are invited to a gathering or party. Everyone loves it!
The reason it might be runny is because there is too much moisture in your ingredients. The trick is to ensure that all excess fluid has been squeezed out of the artichokes. You can even pat them dry after you have chopped them.
Artichokes are healthy vegetables that deliver nutrients like fiber, vitamin K, magnesium, and antioxidants.
Artichokes themselves are healthy and some of the ingredients used in this dip, in moderation, are not exactly bad for you. Overall this isn’t an unhealthy dip so enjoy guilt-free.
- The great thing about this dip is that it can be enjoyed hot or cold.
- High-quality freshly grated parmesan will work best in this dip because it melts smoothly whereas some lower-quality parmesan or pre-prepared cheese can have the addition of caking agents which could make this dip a little grainy.
- You can make this dip a day ahead. Get to the stage where everything is ready and prepped and you just need to bake it. Store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before baking.
This dip is perfect to make ahead but you can also enjoy any leftovers. Once they have cooled transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can enjoy this dip hot or cold.
If you want to reheat the dip simply add it to an oven-safe container and reheat in the oven into hot.
If you loved this recipe and made it please give it a 5-star review! That will help it be seen more. You can also pin it to Pinterest or share it on Facebook.
Spicy Artichoke Party Dip
- 8.5 oz artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 1/2 Teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 Tablespoons crumbled bacon optional
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Combine artichokes, mayo, sour cream, 1 cup parmesan, lemon juice, white pepper, garlic powder, cayenne pepper in a large bowl. Stir until mixed.
- Pour ingredients into an 8 or 9 inch round baking dish. Sprinkle left over parmesan on top and crumbled bacon.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until top is brown. Serve warm with cup up vegetables, pita chips, or tortilla chips.