One of the best things about get-togethers or a game day event is all the wonderful appetizers and dishes that are on the table. You can beat this Spicy Artichoke Party Dip.
Well, its just plain deliciousness and in light of New Year’s Eve and the Superbowl coming up, we have to have something yummy before we bring on the desserts.
Spicy Artichoke Dip Appetizer for Game Day
A family favorite go-to party dip is Spicy Artichoke Dip. Whenever we go to a Football party or it’s just a lazy Sunday where I don’t want to make a big dinner, we love to make dips.
Yesterday was one of those days. I made Low Carb Chili, Artichoke dip and an easy dessert. It’s nice hot or cold and we usually eat it in one sitting. It is so quick to make and its the perfect snack to bring to your next football game.
Spicy Artichoke Party Dip
- 8.5 oz artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 2 1/2 Teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon of white pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 Tablespoons crumbled bacon optional
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Combine artichokes, mayo, sour cream, 1 cup parmesan, lemon juice, white pepper, garlic powder, cayenne pepper in a large bowl. Stir until mixed.
- Pour ingredients into an 8 or 9 inch round baking dish. Sprinkle left over parmesan on top and crumbled bacon.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until top is brown. Serve warm with cup up vegetables, pita chips, or tortilla chips.
Ingredient Options for Keto and Low Carb
This is a great Keto Appetizers but if you want to lighten the calories and fat in this recipe you can substitute Light Sour Cream and also light mayo and leave out the bacon. But sometimes you have to go big or go home as they say. I may try some green chilis and sliced olives next time to kick it up a notch.