A good Cheese Platter or Charcuterie Board can make a big statement at your next get-together or holiday party. A variety of cheeses, nuts, fruits, meats, and condiments will create a beautiful and appetizing display.
For more easy recipes try these.
How to Make Your Cheese Platter Appealing?
Charcuterie Boards or Fruit and Cheese Appetizers have become very popular over the last few years. The flavors and Colors have become one of the reasons they are gaining popularity.
You don’t have to be an artist or a food chef to create this beautiful array of tempting morsels.
All you need is a nice board or platter to start with. Some utensils and napkins or small plates, Some nice thin-sliced meats such as salami and prosciutto. A few hard kinds of hard cheese and condiments. Along with some colorful dried and fresh fruits. Add some nuts to round out the flavors and place in the small holes on your board.
Best Ingredients for Cheese Platters
Fruit and Cheese Charcuterie Board
- Cranberry Chutney
- Garlic Hummus
- Fresh Rosemary Optional Garnish
- Large Black Olives Pitted
- Jalapeno Stuffed Green Olives
- Pretzel Crackers
- Ritz Crackers
- Sesame Topped Wheat Crackers
- Dried Cranberries
- Dried Apricots
- Candied Spice Pecans
- Thin-sliced salami
- Prosciutto wrapped cheese
- Large thin-sliced Pepperonis
- Cubed Colby jack cheese
- Cubed Cheddar
- Thin sliced white Cheddar
- Brie round cut in half
- Cranberry topped goat cheese
- Begin by preparing the cheese if needed. You can also buy prepared cubed cheese in most deli departments. Set Aside
- Prepare the meats, Set Aside
- Wash and pat dry all fresh fruit. Set Aside.
- Fill your bowls or ramekins with the chutney spread, hummus, olives and honey.
- Start your board with something in the middle such as the olives. Then add the bowls of dips.
- Now add the prepared cheese, crackers, nuts and fresh fruit.
- Add fresh fruit by the sweeter cheese like Brie and goat cheese.
- Fill in the blank spaces with dried fruit and nuts.
Leave me a 5 Star Review if you enjoy this recipe along with a comment
Can you make your cheese platter in advance?
I suggest you make your platter the day of your party, for the best results but it can be started the night before. You can start by preparing the board, the utensils, the nuts, and dried fruits. Place your fresh fruit, and dips on a platter just before serving.
What does Charcuterie mean?
Charcuterie (pronounced “shahr-ku-tuh-ree”) is the art of preparing and assembling cured meats and other meat products. But, many people use the term charcuterie to refer to an assortment of meats that are paired with different accompaniments, such as toast, fruit, cheese, and sauces.
In French, the person that prepares the meat is called a Charcutier. Additionally, the English pronunciation of charcuterie varies slightly from the original French. The correct French pronunciation of charcuterie is “shar-coo-tree.”
*This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I get a small commission. Please see my disclosure policy for details
Tools to Use for Your Charcuterie Board
For More Appetizers Try These: