Grinch Cookies with a Big Heart
I made these Grinch Cookies with a big heart a few months ago for my daughters Dr. Seuss day party at school. They were a big hit with all her friends. They are really simple to make and you just need a box of cake mix and some big red hearts to start with.
Grinch Cookies With Heart Recipe
I usually bake from scratch and I am sure you could use a regular sugar cookie recipe but I wanted to try this one and it is light and fluffy. Next time I would use a little more food coloring, they do lighten up a bit when they bake. You can serve them on this cute Grinch Plate.
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- green food coloring , a few drops, start with 1 and add until preferred color is achieved. .
- Confectioners sugar for dusting
- Sprinkles or candies , large heart-shaped
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In the bowl of your mixer cream together cake mix, food coloring, oil, and eggs.
- Chill the dough for 10-15 minutes.
- Drop by Tablespoon into confectioners sugar and roll into balls.
- Place on baking sheet and press 1 large heart candy in center.
- Bake for 8 - 10 minutes until just set.
- Let cool 2 minutes on pan before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
These cookies are just so cute, you will love them. If your school celebrates Dr. Seuss week they will be a big hit. I can’t wait to show you the Cupcake Stand I made for the party.
If you like these Grinch cookies try these other cookie recipes:
- Over 20 Christmas Cookies Recipes
- White Chocolate Dipped Lemon Shortbread Cookies
- Caramel Filled Pretzel cookies
Free Menu Planning Cheat Sheets
Subscribe to get our latest recipes, budgeting and encouraging tips and receive our Free menu plan cheat sheet with 7 days sample recipes for Free.