These Sunny Lemon Curd Cupcakes are the perfect Spring or Summer dessert with a sweet tangy filling inside a light lemon vanilla sour cream cupcake. For more cupcake ideas like these try our other creative cupcake ideas
We recently had a party and my friend’s favorite flavor is Lemon Curd. I usually make her Lemon Bars. This time I wanted something a little different. The cupcakes are filled with lemon curd with a delicious lemon cake and Vanilla Frosting with some pretty yellow sparkle sugar. For more lemony goodness visit this page.
How to Display Sunny Lemon Curd Cupcakes
Serve them with some lemonade served in pretty mason jars and cute straws. You can also display them on a pretty cake pedestal and place on a sideboard or buffet table with some paper doilies. This will make a beautiful dessert bar.
Lemon Curd Cupcake Recipe
Sunny Lemon Lime Cupcakes
- 1 stick of softened unsalted butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ts lemon zest
- 1 ts vanilla
- 1 ts baking powder
- 1/2 ts baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 ts fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup lemon curd (recipe above)
- 2 Sticks Softened Unsalted Butter
- 3 Cups Sifted Powdered Sugar
- 1 ts salt
- 1 ts milk
- 1 ts Vanilla (or lemon extract)
- Cream the butter and add sugar, vanilla and lemon juice. Beat until creamy and well blended. Add eggs one at a time,scraping bowl. Alternate dry ingredients with the sour cream and mix well. Fold in lemon zest.
- Fill 12 cupcake liners 1/2 full and bake for 20 -22 min until done.
- Remove from pan to cool.
- Once Cool remove middle of cupcake with cupcake corer or apple corer.
- Fill with Lemon Curd.
- To Frost:
- Place butter in Electric Mixer and beat.
- Add Sifted sugar 1 cup at a time.
- Add milk as needed.
- Add salt and extract.
- Frost Cupcakes. Add Sprinkles.
If you still can’t get enough of this sunny lemony goodness