The holidays are upon us and the ovens are on. You can’t help but want to bake up some treats this time of year. I have included over 20 Christmas cookie recipes for you to share with friends and family.
These would be great to serve at your Christmas Gathering, or any open house or party you may be going to.
Get the kids together and start prepping for your favorite baking day of the year. Start with choosing which cookies you will be making.
Get your list together of the ingredients and shop.
Make sure you stop by my Amazon Shop for all your holiday gift giving needs.
Christmas Cookie Prep and Baking Tips
- Get the kids together and start prepping for your favorite baking day of the year. Start with choosing which cookies you will be making.
- Get your list together of the ingredients and shop. I usually do this a day or two before.
- Set out your eggs, butter, and milk so they are semi room temperature.
- Make sure you are using fresh ingredients, like eggs, and baking powder, and soda.
- Measure and weigh the flour correctly. Remember baking is a science.
- Use Homemade Vanilla Extract. This is great to give as gifts also.
- Some cookies are best if they are frozen at least 10 minutes before baking. They will keep their shape better and not flatten.
- Use an oven thermometer to check temperature accuracy. Also, check cookies a minute or two early.
Christmas Cookie Recipes
Caramel Filled Pretzel Cookies from A Day in Candiland
Christmas Butter Gooey Cookies from A Day in Candiland
Peppermint twist cookies from Coffee with Us 3
Double Chocolate M & Ms from Juggling Act Mama
Dark Peppermint Crackle from The Neighborhood Moms
Easy Cereal Holly Cookies from Mission to Save
Grinch Cookies from A Day in Candiland
White Chocolate Drizzled Cookies from A Day in Candiland
Brown Sugar Shortbread from Chaos is Bliss
Red Velvet Cupcake Cookies from See Mom Click
Surprise Cookies from This Mom can Cook
Candy Cane Cookies from Who Needs a Cape
Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies from Architecture of a Mom
Even More Holiday and Christmas Cookie Recipes
Elvis Inspired Cookie Cups from Snappy Gourmet
Red Velvet White Chocolate Crinkle Cookies from Mom on Time Out
Cinnamon Roll Cookies from The Kitchen is My Playground
White Chocolate Chunk Cookies from Simply Stacie
Chocolate Peppermint Shortbread Cookies from Clean Scentsible
Cocoa Peppermint Thumbprints from Sarahs Cocina Bella
Snowball Cookies from Faith Filled Food for Moms
Gluten Free Linzer Cookies from A Life in Balance
Italian Anise Cookies from Its A Grand Life
Butter Cookies from A Life in Balance
Are you getting hungry now? Wouldn’t a cup of hot cocoa or Christmas Tea be good with some of these wonderful cookies?
Do you have a favorite holiday cookie you like to bake each year?
If you love these Christmas Cookies make sure you visit our Christmas Cupcake selection and More Edible Gift Giving Ideas.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I get a small commission. Please see my disclosure policy for details
Some of the tools that you might want to bake some of your cookies include:
This original article was written December 2014. Updated November 2018