Do you love baked from scratch cookies as much as I do? Try these cinnamon pumpkin spice cookies, they are so easy to make. The name says it all. Cinnamon and Pumpkin goodness all rolled up into one cookie and a Kiss on top.
Pumpkin Spice Cookies
Every year my for my daughters back to school night, the bakers get called in and we design baskets of fresh baked deliciousness for the new families and present them to them.
The families are so excited and it is fun making things to welcome them to our school. This year I decided to make these Cinnamon Pumpkin Spice Cookies since they were easy and had all the flavors of fall in them.
We needed three dozen for the baskets and I made a few extra for our family. You can choose to add whatever flavor of kiss you like. I love the color of these but you choose your favorite.
Drop cookies are some of my favorite to make because they are super simple and they come out the same size when you use a cookie scooper.
Depending on the size of the scoop this batch makes between 36 and 48 cookies. I bought both Pumpkin Spice and Milk Chocolate Kisses and made some of each.
Cinnamon Pumpkin Spice Cookies with Hershey Kisses
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-3 tablespoons milk , if dough is crumbly and dry
- 1 package Hershey's Pumpkin Spice Kisses or Any flavor you prefer
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar , for rolling cookies in (optional add 1 ts of cinnamon in sugar)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unwrap pumpkin spice Kisses and place them in a small bowl in the freezer until ready to use. Place 1/2 cup granulated sugar in a bowl for rolling cookies in; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Add vanilla and eggs and beat until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Gradually add in small batches to the butter mixture, mixing until just combined. If dough is crumbly and not coming together, add 1 tablespoon of milk at a time until dough forms.
- Scoop dough into 1 tablespoon-sized balls, roll in sugar, and place on baking sheet. Bake for 7-8 minutes, or until done. Remove from oven and let cool for 2 minutes. Add kisses into cookie and place tray in refrigerator to set chocolate.
If you love Pumpkin or Cookies try these recipes too: