These little mini orange cheesecakes are just the right size, with a hint of orange zest and a candied chocolate dipped orange slice on top. The best part is they are low in sugar.
I enjoy making these mini cheesecakes because they never go to waste and they are portioned size so you don’t feel like you binged on sweets.
Mini Orange Cheesecakes with Candied Orange Slices
*This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I get a small commission. Please see my disclosure policy for details
The crust is made of toasted pecans and gingersnaps. Then the cheesecakes are a rich creamy cream cheese with orange zest and a low sugar product I have been using called Steviva Erysweet.
Then to top it off I made candied orange slices with another natural low sugar sweetener product and then dipped them in chocolate. I topped off the cheesecakes and they were so pretty and irresistible, plus the benefit of using a natural sugar sweetener called MonkSweet.
So let’s get started in creating these treasures.
Mini Orange Cheesecakes with Chocolate Dipped Candied Oranges
- 3/4 Cup Gingersnap Crushed Cookies Pulse in Processor
- 1/4 Cup Toasted Pecans Pulse in Processor
- 4 TB Softened Butter Pulse together in processor
- Pinch of salt
- 8 oz Softened Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Steviva Blend Sugar (Steviva Blend Natural Sugar Substitute) (1/2 Cup if you are using granulated Sugar)
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 TB Sour Cream
- 2 TB Orange Juice
- 1 TB Orange Zest
- 1 ts Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the inserts into the bottom of each of the (12) cavities of a mini cheesecake pan, and spray with cooking spray. Set aside. Pan shown at the bottom of recipe.
- Place the gingersnap crumbs, pecans, and pinch of salt in a small bowl and stir to combine. Add the butter and stir until the mixture is well coated with butter.
- Drop 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon of the mixture into the each of the (12) cavities, and press down firmly with the back of a teaspoon or tamper. Pan and tart tamper shown below.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack while you make the filling.
- Beat the cream cheese in a medium bowl until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the sugar, egg, sour cream or yogurt, orange juice, zest, and vanilla, and beat until smooth and well combined.
- Fill each cavity with the filling as evenly as possible, and bake on the middle rack of the oven for 15-20 minutes or until set but slightly wobbly in the center.
- Cool 20 minutes on a wire rack, then using your finger, push up through the hole in the bottom of each cheesecake and remove each one.
- Remove the metal insert and cool completely in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight.
- Add chocolate dipped candied oranges to top of mini cheesecakes when cool. I used tangerines to get a smaller size to fit the mini cheesecakes along with a sprig of Mint
Tools I used making these Mini Orange Cheesecakes
Try these other cheesecakes recipes