Make these 7 layer magic bars in a pinch. A quick snack or dessert with just a few ingredients and 30 minutes’ time.
Do you love 7 layer bars, dream bars, magic bars, or whatever you call them? Are you gluten intolerant?
Well, sometimes you need to take the flavors or desserts you like and rework them to your liking. You will love these 7 layer gluten-free magic bars. You can also try some of my other desserts on my easy recipe desserts page.Jump to Recipe
What makes this dessert special
These Magic Bars can be adapted to fit your dietary needs. These are gluten-free but you can use regular graham crackers. You can make them with a cookie base also. You can remove the nuts and add more chocolate chips or coconut flakes. You can also use sugar-free chips. You can also exchange the sweetened condensed milk for Coconut Sweetened Condensed Milk which is dairy-free.
These are the ultimate in flavor to include sweet and salty. Unfortunately, they do pack a lot of calories and sugar. But sometimes we need to indulge. And the best part is you can make them in about 30 minutes.
Instructions for Magic Bars
- 2 cups gluten free graham cracker crumbs (from Trader Joes or Clarks)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup butterscotch-flavored chips (or peanut butter, white chocolate)
- 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped nut
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 325 degrees if using a glass baking pan. Spray a 9 X 13 pan with baking spray.
In a small bowl, combine gluten-free graham cracker crumbs and melted butter and mix well. Press crumb mixture firmly into the bottom of the baking pan.
Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over the crumb mixture. Layer evenly with remaining ingredients, press down firmly with a fork.
Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Chill if desired. Cut into bars or diamonds. Store covered at room temperature.
Related Desserts You May Like
Yes, you can wrap them individually and freeze them. They will stay fresh when refrigerated for up to 5 days.
You can add chocolate, butterscotch, caramel bits, and white chocolate chips. You can also use Lilys Brand Chips which are sugar-free.
You can use coconut condensed cream instead of regular sweetened condensed milk. You can also use a butter substitute for the melted butter for the crust.
7 Layer Magic Bars: Gluten-Free
- 2 Cups Graham Cracker Crumbs Gluten Free
- 1/2 Cup Butter Melted and Unsalted
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips Lilys sugar free chips (optional)
- 1 Cup White Chocolate Chips Lilys sugar free chips (optional)
- 1 Cup Butterscotch Chip
- 1 1/3 Cup Shredded Coconut Unsweetened
- 1 Cup Chopped Walnuts Or Pecans