These copycat Starbucks Cranberry Orange Scones have just a hint of orange and stuffed with elicious cranberries and a light drizzle of orange glaze.
One of my favorite scones is inspired by a discontinued Starbucks Scone. Just a pinch of orange zest and delicious chewy cranberries make this Copycat Starbucks scone the perfect tea accompaniment.
Try them with some of my Afternoon tea recipes. Scones may seem intimidating when you first try them, in fact, the first few times I got very frustrated.
When you get used to the cold butter and the texture you know what to look for and they become super easy. They are not too sweet and they almost have that healthy feel and taste to them, but they are super delicious. For more scone recipes and baking tips get the Ultimate collection of scone recipes.
*This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I get a small commission. Please see my disclosure policy for details
Cranberry Orange Scone Discontinued Starbucks Copycat Recipe
There are also many things you can add to them to put on top. I have made an orange glaze for these cranberry scones which is in this recipe, or an orange zest clotted cream, and even orange curd goes perfectly with these.
My favorite thing I use is this scone pan that made it so easy to make. I have the small one, but there is a larger scone pan also. Starbucks scones are big, but I like the small size. You can freeze these scones and pull them out when you want them. You can heat them for 10 seconds in the microwave. Since Starbucks discontinued its Cranberry Orange Scone you can still enjoy these delicious snacks at home.
Whatever way you like to eat them, you can make them quick and serve them at your next get together and everyone will be raving about them. Another fun idea while you are enjoying your scones is to read this inspirational Teacup Story.
Copycat Starbucks Cranberry Orange Scone Recipe
Cranberry Orange Scones Starbucks Copycat Recipe
- 3 1/4 Cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 Cup sugar
- 3 ts baking powder
- 1/2 ts baking soda
- 1/2 ts salt
- 3/4 Cup cold butter
- 1 Cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 Cups dried cranberries , divided
- 2 1/2 ts orange zest
- 2 ts maple syrup
- 1/2 Cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 ts orange zest
- 1 tb Orange Juice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, ⅓ cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add butter cubes and mix in with a pastry blender until dough becomes coarse crumbs.
- Stir in buttermilk until just moistened. Mix and fold in dried cranberries and orange zest.
- Turn dough onto a lightly-floured surface and knead gently until dough is no longer sticky.
- Divide dough in half and form into a circle and flatten out with palms of hands. Cut into 8 triangles OR take pieces from the bowl and put directly into greased scone pan filling it up, or on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until lightly browned.
- When cooled make the glaze and drizzle on scones on some parchment or waxed paper. Enjoy
Leave me a 5 Star Review if you enjoy this recipe along with a comment
What the best way to eat scones?
- You can freeze scones by wrapping them in a paper towel and placing in a freezer bag. Then take them out as needed. You can reheat in the oven on 250 degrees or microwave.
- Serve them with your favorite jam or condiment.
- Eat them with your favorite hot tea or coffee.
- Enjoy them as a snack or for brunch.
What other scone recipes do you like? Leave me a comment and I may add the recipe.
This recipe has been updated since April 2014.