An easy recipe for fresh homemade cranberry sauce with Orange Juice. Made with fresh or frozen whole cranberries, this is the perfect traditional must-have for your next holiday dinner.
This cranberry sauce with orange zest can be made a few days before your Thanksgiving or Christmas meal and it is pretty AND delicious, in addition to adding rich color to your table. The addition of Orange Juice and Orange Zest give it just the right zing.
This recipe has been updated and republished since November 2016
Cranberry Sauce With Orange Zest Homemade Style
I like to prepare for the holidays early and get everything I need ahead of time and made as early as possible, just leaving me the main dish and rolls to prepare. I like to use my crockpot or instant pot as much as possible too.
Because trying to finish all the dishes using the oven is chaos. So I look for recipes that free up my oven as much as possible.
The best thing about the homemade cranberry sauce with orange juice is it only uses a few ingredients and you don’t need to turn the oven on. I can bet your guests will find this easy cranberry sauce so much better than the canned version.
Homemade Cranberry Sauce with Orange Juice Recipe
Leave me a 5 Star Review if you enjoy this recipe along with a comment
Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce with Orange Juice
- 3 cups or 12 oz bag of Frozen or fresh Cranberries
- 1/2 cup Water
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice with pulp
- Orange Zest for Color and Appeal.
- Dissolve sugar in water and orange juice in a medium size pot
- Add in cranberries and heat for 10 minutes in boiling water.
- Remove for heat and refrigerate.
- Serve with orange zest just before you serve.
This delicious orange cranberry sauce will be one of the highlights of your holiday meal. What other recipes do you feel are a must for your holiday feast? Don’t forget your Thanksgiving Menu Planner and free printable here.
Tips for Making the Best Cranberry Sauce
- The longer you reduce your sauce the thicker it will get.
- Did you know you can eat Raw Cranberries? Yes, you can.
- You only need 3 ingredients to make Cranberry Sauce, it’s the additions that make it special.
- You can use cranberry sauce as a glaze for poultry, as a side dish, and as a condiment on sandwiches.
- You can freeze Cranberry Sauce