Create a week’s worth of lunches in under 30 minutes that are tasty and easy to make salads in jars.
This week I took some time and did some meal prepping made some delicious salads in jars for the week. I find about 10:00 am to 11:00 am, I can get famished and the last thing I want to do is binge eat or have something that is not healthy. For more delicious recipes visit here.
To learn more about Meal Planning on a Budget.
How to Meal Prep Salads in Jars
It’s these time when it is easy to cheat or get off track. Having something ready made and healthy with a scoop of protein makes all the difference. I decide what I am going to prepare on Sunday or Monday and I add the ingredients to my shopping order.
Start with a Wide Mouth Pint or Quart Jar. I prefer Quart. Wash and Dry all pieces before you start. It is all in the way your layer your salad that determines how fresh it will stay.
How to Create and Prep Your Salads in Jars (Wet to Dry)
- Dressing (optional, you can add later)
- Hard Veggies (less absorbent)
- Soft Veggies
- Cheese and meats
- Toppings, seeds, fruits
- Green Leafy Lettuce
These delicious Salads are perfect for Keto or gluten-free eating. Meal Prep for the week and have a ready-made salad.
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Cucumbers about 1/3 cucumber
- 1/4 Cup Orange or Green Bell Pepper about 1/4 bell pepper
- 1/4 Cup Broccoli or Cauliflower
- 1/8 Cup Chopped Onions Green, White or Red
- 1/8 Cup Sliced Olives
- 1/8 Cup Dried Cranberries Or Apples
- 1/2 Cup Cooked Chopped Chicken I use the Instant Pot and cook for 12 minutes and then release steam
- 1/8 Cup Feta Cheese or your favorite
- 1/8 Cup Seeds Sunflower or Pecans
- 1 Cup Green Lettuce Your Favorite
Layer as shown above in a clean washed jar. Add dressing to bottom of the jar, or at time of serving. Jars should last 5 - 7 days.
Visit my Favorite Baking Items Page and More Articles Below
These are the jars I used to make these salads:
Free Menu Planning Cheat Sheets
Subscribe to get our latest recipes, budgeting and encouraging tips and receive our Free menu plan cheat sheet with 7 days sample recipes for Free.