One of my favorite flavors for dessert recipes this time of year is Pumpkin. Pumpkin pie is not just for fall anymore, you can eat it all year long. These easy Pumpkin Cream Cheese Popovers make great breakfast treats or an easy pumpkin dessert recipe.
They are warm and gooey and taste oh so pumpkiny. They are full of fall flavors and spices. They are really simple to make and the cream cheese topping adds just enough sweetness to it, it’s hard to eat just one.
These would be great for breakfast or for an afternoon snack. They would also be a nice treat for a holiday party. They are pretty and can be served out of the oven or even at room temperature. You can sprinkle a little Pumpkin Pie Spice on top to make them extra special.
The popovers can be made in under 30 minutes which makes them an easy dessert treat. After I made them, I thought they could even be made a little smaller or cut in half again as you are putting them together to make smaller dessert appetizers for your party. I do have to say that one is not enough. They are that good.
Try some of my other pumpkin recipes.
If you loved this recipe and made it please give it a 5-star review! That will help it be seen more. You can also pin it to Pinterest or share it on Facebook.
Easy Pumpkin Cream Cheese Popovers
- 1 box Frozen Puff Pastry 2 sheets thawed
- 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree not pie filling
- 4 oz Cream Cheese Softened
- 1/3 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 ts pumpkin pie spice
- 2 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 Teaspoon milk
- 3 Tablespoon powdered sugar
- Place thawed puff pastry on cookie sheet. Use a sharp knife to cut pastry into 4 even squares. Repeat for 2nd sheet.
- Combine pumpkin, cream cheese, sugar and spice in a mixer.
- Place a large spoonful of filling on each pastry square, putting the filling in between the center and one corner.
- Brush the edges with water, then fold into a triangle, pressing edges together and seal with a fork.
- Bake on a baking sheet at 400 degrees for 18 mins, until brown.
- Meanwhile, combine the drizzle ingredients in a small bowl. Place in a piping bag or baggie and cut a hole in the tip.
- Drizzle popovers with cream cheese mixture.