A Delicious Healthy Pumpkin Spice Protein Shake made of Pumpkin Puree, Bananas, Protein Powder, and almond milk. This nondairy smoothie has lots of vitamins and protein to start off your day and you can make it in less than 10 minutes.
*This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I get a small commission. Please see my disclosure policy for details
This pumpkin protein shake is quick and so delicious. It takes less than 5 minutes to make and is full of vitamins and uses non-dairy protein powder for those that are lactose intolerant. When you are short on time, this breakfast treat or afternoon snack is all you need.
Why this recipe works
This delicious pumpkin spice smoothie can be made for on-the-go pick-me-ups. You can use Vanilla or Chocolate Pea Protein depending on your flavor choices. Using a frozen banana gives it a bit of thickness. The pumpkin puree gives you lots of vitamin A.
What goes into this recipe
- Non-Dairy Protein Powder (Vegan Protein)
- Almond Milk (Dairy Free) Or your favorite Non-Dairy Beverage
- Pumpkin Pie Spice (Cinnamon, Ginger, Mace, Nutmeg, Cloves, Allspice)
- Pumpkin Puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
Notes & Substitutions
- If you want to make it ahead of time, blend it up and place it in the refrigerator. Stir just before serving.
- You can use any time of non-dairy milk you prefer.
- Choose either chocolate or vanilla protein powder.
- Add in some avocado to get more healthy fats.
- Add in some chia seeds or flax seeds for some ALA’s
- I love my Nutribullet. It gets so much use from smoothies to iced lattes and more.
How to make this recipe
- 1 – Add the almond milk and protein powder to the blender. (I used a nutribullet)
- 2- Add the pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 3 – Add the frozen bananas (you can also use fresh but it will be thinner)
- 4 – Add pumpkin pie spice ( you can just add cinnamon optional)
- 5 – Blend and pour. Add some additional pumpkin pie spice on top.
Yes. Whey does contain lactose and more sugar than vegan protein unless you use Isolate Protein. It will not be dairy free though.
No, you can add any of the holiday spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger or clove.
You can add a drop or two of liquid stevia or agave.
If you loved this Pumpkin spice shake and made it can you give it a 5-star review? That will help it be seen more. You can also pin it to Pinterest or share it on Facebook.
Pumpkin Spice Protein Shake
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup almond milk unsweetened
- 1/2 banana Frozen
- 1/4 cup Vegan Protein Powder Chocolate or Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Put all of the ingredients into your Vita-mix or Nutribullet.
- Start on low, increase quickly to high, until thoroughly blended.
- Serve immediately.