These Red Velvet Cream Cheese Brownies are moist and delicious and would make a great party dessert.
I have a fascination with brownie recipes, and who wouldn’t love Red Velvet Cream Cheese Brownies?
Red Velvet Cream Cheese Brownies
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for details.
Who doesn’t love Red Velvet anything right? Or Cheesecake? Or Brownies? Then to combine them all together! These brownies are so moist, they are sure to be a hit at your next party. My daughter always requests this for her school parties. Sometimes I make them just in squares and other times I use a heart cookie cutter.
Red Velvet Cream cheese Brownies
- ½ cup butter
- 2-oz dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ tsp red food coloring
- ⅔ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 8-oz cream cheese, room temperature
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8- or 9-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil and lightly grease.
- In a small, heatproof bowl, melt butter and chocolate together. Stir with a fork until very smooth. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1 cup sugar, 2 eggs, 1½ ts vanilla extract and red food coloring. Add in the chocolate mixture and stir until smooth.
- Batter should be red. Add flour and salt into the bowl and stir until everything is just combined and no streaks of dry ingredients remain. Pour into prepared pan and spread into an even layer.
- Prepare cheesecake mixture. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla extract until smooth. Drop in dollops onto prepared brownie batter. Gently swirl two batters with a butter knife.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until brownies and cheesecake are set. A brownie knife inserted into the cheesecake mixture should come out clean and the edges will be lightly browned.
- Cool in the pan completely before slicing and serving. You may want to save some for later, because they will be gone before you know it.
Follow me on instagram . I hope you enjoy these Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies. Here are a few items I used that made this recipe easier to make. I like to buy big bottles of Red Food Coloring, it is a lot less expensive. I also use my own Vanilla Extract that I make, you can get the recipe here. But if you run out of time, this is the Vanilla brand I like best.
If you liked this dessert recipe try:
Red Velvet Fudge
Red Velvet Poke Cake