These Mint Cheesecake Brownies will be a new favorite around the house. You can make and freeze them and they are delicious even when cold. I am a brownie junkie if you didn’t know you get some of my other brownie recipes here.
Mint Cheesecake Brownies That You Can Freeze
Are you short on time and need a dessert that tastes good out of the freezer? These mint cheesecake brownies can be made the day before and taste great cold or room temperature. Plus you get the bonus of them being so pretty with the swirled mint and delicious cream cheese running through them.
When I need to bring a homemade dessert that is NOT completely 100% made from scratch, this is one of my go-to recipes. By adding extra ingredients along with the box mix it gives it a whole new taste. Plus, who can go wrong with cheesecake in the mix? After they are cooled, you place them individually wrapped in the freezer and take them out AS NEEDED.
How to display these tasty mint cheesecake brownies
Get a pretty pedestal cake plate out and put a few out with some teacups and saucers along with a pot of tea. When your friends come over, they think you have slaved for hours.
You don’t have to tell them you just took them out of the freezer. Unless they read your blog after you posted about it. hee hee. They will never know. Another great trick is to add some homemade whipped cream on top. Or some chocolate or mint chips. The possibilities are endless.
Mint Cheesecake Brownies
- 2 boxes Brownie Mix
- Eggs , oil and water as listed on box directions
- 2 (8 oz) blocks cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 TBS peppermint or mint extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Few drops green food coloring
- If you want a small 8 X 8 or 9 X 9 pan you can cut recipe in half. Then bake for 40 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 9x13 pan with foil and spray the bottom with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix both brownie mixes, water, oil, and eggs with a wooden spoon until combined. Spread about 3/4 mix in prepared pan.
- In the bowl of your mixer, beat the cream cheese with your whisk attachment until smooth. Add eggs, sugar, extract and food coloring and continue beating until well mixed.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture over the brownies to form a green layer.
- Spoon remaining brownie batter randomly over the cream cheese.
- With a small knife, swirl the batter so the cream cheese and brownie batter become marbled.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, until edges are brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Do not overbake. Cool completely, then refrigerate until chilled. Peel off foil, cut, wrap, and store in freezer.
- Tip, Be careful with the extract not to over use. Extract can be a fire hazard, if too close to oven flame.
If you like this Quick Freezer Mint Cheesecake Brownie recipes try these also: