Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies are moist and delicious with a swirl of cream cheese all around. They are not only delicious but pretty too.
I have a fascination with brownie recipes, and who wouldn’t love some cheesecake swirled brownies
Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies
These brownies are made in two parts. First, you will make the red batter. Next, you will make the cheesecake mixture. My favorite pan to do this in is the 9″ square pan. It doesn’t make them too thick but not too thin either. You will get about 16 brownies out of each batch.
Once you make the cheesecake batter you will dollop it into the pan. I make about 4 or 5 spoonfuls. Then just swirl the two colors together with a knife, but not so much that you can’t see the two distinct colors.
Also, don’t overbake the brownies. Remember they will continue baking about 5 minutes once you take them out of the oven. So follow the time on the recipe.
My daughter always requests this for her school parties. Sometimes I make them just in squares and other times I use a heart cookie cutter.
Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies Recipe
Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies
Red Velvet Batter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 TB red food coloring
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp white vinegar
- 8- oz cream cheese , room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yoke
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8- or 9-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil and lightly grease. 9" Pan gives best results
- In a small, heatproof bowl, melt butter and chocolate together in the microwave. Stir with a fork until very smooth. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1 cup sugar, 2 eggs, 2 tsp vanilla extract, vinegar, and red food coloring. Add in the chocolate mixture and stir until smooth.
- The batter should be red. Add flour and salt to the bowl and stir until everything is just combined and no streaks of dry ingredients remain. Pour into prepared pan and spread into an even layer. Reserve a few teaspoons to go on top of the cheesecake batter.
- Prepare cheesecake mixture. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, egg yoke and vanilla extract until smooth with hand mixer. Beat until creamy with no lumps. Drop in dollops onto prepared brownie batter. Add the remaining Red Batter you reserved to go on top of cheesecake spoonfuls. Gently swirl the batters with a butter knife.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until brownies and cheesecake are set. A brownie knife inserted into the cheesecake mixture should come out clean and the edges will be lightly browned. Do not overbake. Refrigerating the brownies will make cutting easier.
- Cool in the pan completely before slicing and serving. You may want to save some for later, because they will be gone before you know it.
What I used to create these Red Velvet Brownies
McCormick Food Coloring, Red, 32-OunceWilton Recipe Right Square 9 by 9 Inch Covered PanWilton From The Heart Nesting Cookie Cutter SetGhirardelli Chocolate Intense Dark Bar, Twilight Delight 72% Cacao, 3.5-Ounce Bars (Pack of 6)Nielsen-Massey Vanillas 8-oz. Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Extract
Follow me on Instagram. I hope you enjoy these Red Velvet Brownies. Above are a few items I used that made this recipe easier to make.
If you liked this Cheesecake Brownie dessert recipe try:
Free Menu Planning Cheat Sheets
Subscribe to get our latest recipes, budgeting and encouraging tips and receive our Free menu plan cheat sheet with 7 days sample recipes for Free.