It has never been easier to make Homemade Vanilla Extract in the Instant Pot. It will be ready to use in 24 hours for all your favorite baked goods.
I have been making my own Vanilla Extract for years. I use it in all my baking and give it as gifts during the holidays. But the waiting and shaking of the bottles every few days for up to two months can be torture.
Now you can make your own Vanilla Extract in your Instant Pot and it is ready the next day.
Make sure you get my free labels with the vanilla extract link above.
How to Make Vanilla Extract at Home In The Instant Pot
- 6 Grade B Vanilla Beans
- Inexpensive Vodka or Bourbon
- 3 16 oz Mason Glass Jars that fit in Instant Pot
- Decorative Jars if you want to transfer for gift-giving
This is one of the simplest recipes you can make. By using the Instant Pot you are taking the biggest step out of making traditional extract. That is the time factor. The directions are so quick and easy.
- Slice up 2 Beans down the middle and fold into a mason jar.
- Pour 8 oz of Vodka into each Jar
- Seal Tightly
- Add 1 Cup of Water into the Instant Pot
- Add Trivet into the Pot
- Add the 3 Jars
- Seal and Cook on Manual for 45 Minutes and allow a Natural Release for 20-30 minutes.
- Use Tongs or Oven Mitt to remove the jars and allow them to cool in a dark pantry for 24 hours up to two weeks.
What Type of Alcohol is Best for Making Vanilla Extract
You can choose different types of alcohol like Vodka, Bourbon, or Rum. Vodka is the most neutral flavor whereas bourbon or rum gives it a darker smoky flavor. Do not buy the most expensive alcohol. It is best to use 80 proof or 40% alcohol. You can buy at Costco or a discount market for the best pricing.
Vanilla Extract Recipe
Instant Pot Vanilla Extract
- 6 Vanilla Beans Grade B (2 per jar)
- 6 Cups Vodka
- 1 Cup Water For bottom of Instant Pot
- With a knife, cut each vanilla bean in half down the middle vertically
- Pour 2 cups of vodka to each canning jars
- Place Two Vanilla Beans in Each Jar.
- Pour one cup of water to the bottom of your Instant Pot. Place the trivet at the base of the Pot.
- Close each canning jar with metal lids, and place on the trivet inside your Pot.
- Close the Instant Pot by screwing on the lid. Close the valve.
- Set the Instant Pot to High Pressure for 45 minutes. Once the time is done, allow it tor elease pressure naturally, which will take about 20 minutes.
- Allow the vanilla extract to sit for at least 24 hours before use. Make sure to keep in an airtight glass jar in a dark, cool room when not using.
Have you made your own Vanilla Extract before? I hope you enjoy saving time and trying the Instant Pot method.