Make these delicious Keto egg muffins with bacon and Havarti cheese for breakfast or afternoon snacks. These Keto muffins are low carb and high in protein.
You can make these Low Carb Egg muffins as shown below or add some fresh veggies into the mix. Some chopped spinach and onions would make a great addition. The left-overs can be refrigerated or frozen.
For More Superfoods for the Keto Eating Plan Read Here.
Looking for information for menu planning? Get our Free Meal Planning Sheet.
Keto Egg Muffins with Bacon and Havarti Cheese
- 6 Eggs Beaten
- 1/2 cup Bacon Crumbled
- 3 oz Havarti Cheese Shredded
- 2 Tablespoons Chives Chopped
- 1/3 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper To taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Whisk 1/3 cup of ricotta cheese into the beaten eggs. Mix well.
- Mix in Garlic Powder, Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Add Chopped chives into the mixture.
- Sprinkle in crumbled bacon pieces into the bottom of 6 greased muffin tins.
- Pour the egg mixture into 6 molds 3/4 full.
- Place some of the Havarti cheese on top of the egg mixture.
- Bake the egg muffins for 15 – 20 minutes until they have risen and are cooked in the center.
- Serve warm and add optional chopped chives.
For More Keto Recipes:
How to Choose approved Keto Ingredients
Get good at reading labels. Avoid these ingredients if possible for best Keto Results
How to Make Bacon in the Oven
When I am making these Keto Egg Muffins or just Bacon for a Keto snack, I use a baking sheet and wrap in aluminum foil.
Add the bacon to the pan or use a cooling rack on top of it and place the bacon on that. I set the oven at 425 degrees and put the bacon in the oven immediately. In 15 minutes it is usually cooked just right.
When I take out the pan, I set it on an angle with something under the edge, so the bacon grease drains from the bacon. I later pour the grease into a jar for the refrigerator to use with other Keto recipes.
I usually turn my kitchen fan on so the whole house doesn’t smell of bacon. That is up to you.
*This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I get a small commission. Please see my disclosure policy for details
If you are looking for a great recipe book that shares Keto Diet for Beginners, this is my favorite one for reference.
Make sure you get my menu planning sheet below. If you enjoy this recipe, give it 5 stars.
Tara Kuczykowski says
Love these yummy egg muffins! They’re such a perfect grab-and-go breakfast or snack.
I have a few friends on the Keto diet who would love this! I’ll have to pass it along. I love the bacon and havarti combo!
What a great keto recipe! I can’t wait to share this with my keto group!
This looks really good but I was wondering, how many of these would be considered one serving?