These gluten-free chocolate cupcakes are a perfect alternative for those with allergies. Plus they are dairy-free and taste delicious. For more creative cupcake ideas try these.
Last week I had a friend who wanted gluten-free chocolate cupcakes. I like to make them with a blend of gluten-free flours and then top it off with dairy-free chocolate ganache or dairy-free vanilla frosting. I could have made her my gluten-free magic bars but I decided on cupcakes.
There are lots of flours on the market but I prefer to make mine with a blend of flours. I have tried boxed cupcakes from the grocery store, but I don’t really like the texture. So I tried several blends and several brands and came up with this homemade blend.
Gluten-Free Chocolate Cupcake recipe
One thing I have noticed about gluten-free cupcakes is that they don’t last as long as regular cupcakes and they are also a little moister and don’t stick to the cupcake wrapper as well.
My tip for this is to fill them a little more batter than you would regular cupcakes and take them out of the pan right away so they don’t get more condensation on them.
I don’t know why this happens but I like to take my cupcakes out and put them in airtight containers and it doesn’t work as well with gluten-free. So let them cool completely first.
Gluten Free Dairy Free Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 1/4 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 cups white granulated cane sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 12 – 14 cupcake with cupcake liners
- In large mixing bowl sift flour blend, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In Stand mixer combine coconut milk, water, oil, vinegar, and vanilla. Add in the sifted dry ingredients. and beat for 1 minute.
- Evenly distribute into cupcake liners. Bake for 20 minutes. Test for doneness.
- Remove from oven and carefully take out of cupcake pans and let cool.
- Add Chocolate Ganache or Vanilla Frosting if desired.
Try these easy gluten-free chocolate cupcakes with dairy-free chocolate ganache and vanilla frosting and let me know how you like it. You can find some of my other recipes on the pages below.