This week, we made some gluten-free pumpkin pancakes with chocolate chips. Around Candiland, I get really excited for Pumpkin Season. I have been working on more high protein, low carb recipes. I have also been working on more Gluten-Free recipes.
Gluten Free Pumpkin PancakesJump to Recipe
If you have been baking Gluten-Free for a while, you know the challenge with gluten-free cooking and baking is the light airiness of the item is going to be a little different. Gluten-Free Foods are usually a little denser. This might take some getting used to.
I don’t eat pancakes as much as I would like to, and especially since I have been eating more gluten-free recipes, you don’t find them in restaurants too often.
*This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I get a small commission. Please see my disclosure policy for details
Substituting Ingredients for Gluten Free and Vegan Pancakes
So I was excited to make this recipe, I could eat on occasion. The best part is my family doesn’t know it’s gluten-free pancakes. They really love that there are chocolate chips in the batter.
The tartness of the pumpkin disguises any difference in the flour, plus I use Coconut Milk and it adds a lot of flavor to these beauties.
You can use Vegan chocolate chips if you prefer. Or you can leave them out altogether. Make sure you get my Vegan substitution cheat sheet below
Gluten Free Pumpkin Pancakes
- 3/4 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup all purpose gluten free flour
- 2 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips Vegan Optional
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut cream
- In a small bowl, combine the milk and vinegar and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Add the pumpkin puree and milk mixture and whisk.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat. Grease the griddle with coconut oil.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan to form pancakes. Sprinkle a few chips into the pancakes. Press down slightly on the chips. Cook each pancake until bubbles form and edges lift. Flip them and continue cooking.
- In a small saucepan, heat the honey until bubbles form around the edges. Remove from heat and add the coconut cream.
- Spring pancakes with additional coconut flakes and syrup.
If you loved this recipe and made it can you give it a 5-star review? That will help it be seen more. You can also pin it to Pinterest or share it on Facebook.
Enjoy these Gluten-Free Pumpkin pancakes for breakfast, brunch, or an afternoon snack.