These Strawberry Basil Popsicles are sweet and also have the refreshing flavor of basil added. They are a welcome cool treat year-round.
Yes, it’s summer and really hot here in the desert, but there is no wrong time to make these cool and refreshing snacks. They would be wonderful for the kids for an after school snack also.
*This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I get a small commission. Please see my disclosure policy for details
I grow herbs in my back yard so I wanted to be able to use some in these popsicles. Strawberries are in season, but you could also use frozen ones. I used these Popsicle Molds until I found these. Now I’m hooked.
How to Make Strawberry Basil Popsicles
Strawberry Basil Popsicles
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons fresh basil leaves , crushed
- 3 cups fresh strawberries , pureed
- pinch of salt
- Combine water and sugar in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil then simmer until sugar has completely dissolved.
- Remove syrup from heat and stir in basil leaves; let steep 30 minutes. Stir in strawberry puree. Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl and discard solids, then add salt.
- Fill each popsicle mold with 1/3 cup mixture, leaving a 1/2-inch of space at the top of each mold. Let freeze one hour before inserting popsicle sticks; continue to freeze until completely firm, 4 to 6 hours more. Run molds under hot water 30 to 45 seconds before unmolding, or let stand at room temperature.
If you loved this recipe and made it can you give it a 5-star review? That will help it be seen more. You can also pin it to Pinterest or share it on Facebook.
I have GOT to get some strawberries and try this! These look so refreshing!
Candi Elm says
They are so yummy, they were gone the moment they were done. Plus they are simple to make.
Ronique Gibson says
Yummy! I love the combination of herbs and fresh fruit! Thanks for sharing with us 🙂
Those look so delicious! I never would have thought to but basil in them. I’m definitely going to try this.
the Popsicle and and home made ice cream are great we used to do the
thing for t he summer get on porch and make the ice cream
These look so good! What a perfect summertime recipe. The basil in our garden is perfect now, and I am going to pick some for this recipe. Thanks for sharing!