Learn how to make these Luscious Strawberry Cupcakes with a filling of whipped mousse. They are filled with a whipped strawberry mousse that is so decadent you get a taste of heaven in each bite.
These creative cupcake ideas make my heart sing. Start with a Vanilla Cupcake and add some whipped strawberry mousse filling, it is just what you need to make a simple recipe come alive.
*This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I get a small commission. Please see my disclosure policy for details
Adding an extra step and filling to these cupcakes, may take a little longer but they will be worth the wait. If you love decadent food like I do this recipe will become one of your favorites.
Cupcakes are a fun and creative way to make your dessert or event extra special. You can take one vanilla recipe and make it the base of many different flavors.
Filled cupcakes are the best and can take a plain cupcake and push it over the edge.
This is the tool I use to fill my cupcakes.
More ways to dress up your Strawberry Cupcakes
Adding fruits and toppings to the top of your cupcakes can change it up a bit and really bring out the flavors.
You can slice up a strawberry on top or maybe even dip it in chocolate to add a little pizzazz to your cupcakes. If you want to be really creative you can drizzle some balsamic vinegar over your cupcakes with a 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar and brown sugar mixture.
Enjoy these Strawberry Cupcakes with Filling of Mousse and share the recipe with your friends or try these other Strawberry desserts.
Strawberry Cupcakes with Filling of Whipped Mousse
- 1 1/2 cup cake flour
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Strawberry Mousse Filling
- 16 oz heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoon strawberry jam
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 stick of room temp butter unsalted
- 3 cups of sifted confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Preheat over to 350 degrees, line your cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Put both flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and whisk to sift.
- Put butter and sugar in a mixer and start beating. Add eggs one at a time.
- Add the flour mixer in three batches with the buttermilk in between. Then add the vanilla extract. Scoop your batter into liners with an ice cream scoop. Bake 18 to 20 minutes. Check often, don’t overbake. Remove from oven and let cool. Once cooled – use an apple corer and core out the middle of the cupcake.
Mousse whipping cream:
- Put the heavy whipping cream into a bowl with whisk attached and add confectioners sugar and whip until medium stiff peaks. Add strawberry jam and whip until blended. Put in pastry bag and fill cupcakes.
- Place butter in mixer and add 1 cup of sifted confectioners sugar at a time. Then add vanilla and salt. You can also add a drop of food coloring if you prefer. Fill a pastry bag and use a 1M tip by Wilton and swirl around the top of the cupcake.
Alexis Grace says
OOhhhh— these look like the would seriously impress! I won't be baking for Valentine's Day this year, but perhaps I will save these for another special occasion!
My recent post Healthy Models: Why Normal Shouldn’t Be The Goal
They are pretty simple and sure to please. I hope you and hubby have a great Valentines Day.
Yum! Pinning it to Pinterest!
My recent post Sweetheart Cream Cheese Spread
Thanks Carole, hope you are having a great weekend.
My recent post Dessert Recipe Strawberry Mousse Cupcakes
Woah! This looks really delicious. Made me really crave for strawberry cupcakes. In fact, will try to grab some ingredients today. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
Hello Candi! Nice recipe, these cupcakes looks so delicious and the filling of mousse added more flavor in it. I will surely try it for my kids. Thanks for sharing so yummy recipe.