Try this easy five cheese stuffed shells recipe next time you want to make a hearty dinner and the secret is they will think it took hours, but it doesn’t.
Easy Five Cheese Stuffed Shells Recipe
This weekend I needed to make dinner for family coming in town. I needed something that would fill them up and taste great. I decided to make an easy five cheese stuffed shells recipe with roasted asparagus. I knew my husband would be thrilled, and I was right.
This Italian inspired meal comes together so easy and most of the time is in the baking, but we had it on the table in just a short time.
I started with two jars of Bertolli® Five Cheese sauce. In addition to the cheese I add in the shells, I get cheese in the sauce too. So much more flavor that regular marinara. Find the rest of the recipe below.
For the Asparagus, I lined a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and placed the cleaned and trimmed asparagus on it. Then I drizzled olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and Parmesan cheese on top. I baked it for 13 minutes on 425 °.
- 2 Jars of Five Cheese Sauce
- 1 8 oz Box of Jumbo shells
- 30 oz of Ricotta Cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of Grated Romano Cheese
- 8 oz of grated Parmesan Cheese
- 8 oz of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Fresh Basil Chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place shells in salted boiling water in a large pot for ½ the time listed on the box. Drain and rinse in cool water.
- In a large bowl, mix the Ricotta, salt, pepper, basil, egg, Romano and ½ of the Parmesan.
- In a 9 X 13 pan place ½ of one jar of sauce in bottom of pan.
- Fill the shells with cheese mixture and place face down lined up in pan.
- Add remaining sauce from first jar on top. Continue to add shells and use 2nd jar of sauce on top and sprinkle Mozzarella cheese and remaining Parmesan Cheese.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes.
Quick Tip: After mixing cheeses in bowl, fill a pastry bag with mixture. Then fill each shell. This will cut your time in half. If you don’t have pastry bags, you can use a large baggie and cut a whole in the bottom corner.
I served this 5 cheese stuffed shells with roasted asparagus and some dinner rolls. We were able to eat off of it for two meals and that is always a good thing.