Dalgona Coffee is an iced beverage made with whipped instant coffee spooned on top of your favorite cream or flavored milk.
This fun beverage is hitting the internet with its beautiful caramel color foam and whipped instant coffee. You would think only a pro could make this iced latte, but it is so simple to make you just need a few ingredients and some upper arm strength or a hand mixer. Another name for this famous trend is Tik Tok Coffee. Try this delicious Dalgona Cinnamon Iced Coffee next.
Try these Creamy Dalgona Coffee Cupcakes
What is Dalgona Coffee?
Dalgona coffee (Korean:) is a beverage made by whipping equal proportions of instant coffee powder, sugar, and hot water until it becomes creamy and then adding it to cold or hot milk. Occasionally, it is topped with coffee powder, cocoa, crumbled biscuits, or honey.
It is popularized on social media during the 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic, when people refraining from going out started making videos of whipping the coffee at home, by hand without using electrical mixers. The name is derived from dalgona, a Korean sugar-sweet, due to the resemblance in taste and appearance, though most dalgona coffee doesn’t actually contain dalgona.
*This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I get a small commission. Please see my disclosure policy for details
Irish Cream Dalgona Coffee
- 2 TB Instant Coffee Crystals
- 2 TB Hot Water
- 2 TB White Granular Sugar
- 4 TB Irish Cream International Delight Creamer
- 1 Cup Milk or your favorite dairy-free beverage
- Chocolate Shavings
- In a small bowl add coffee, sugar and water and whip by hand approx 400 times until stiff peaks form. An electric hand mixer will work well.
- In 2 6-8 oz glasses add some ice cubes, then 1/2 cup
- Add 1 -2 TB of Irish Coffee Creamer on top of the ice.
- Put one to three spoonfuls of the whipped coffee mixture on top.
- Optional – Add Chocolate Shavings with a Lemon Zester or Cheese Grater on top for Whipped Coffee.
- Once you have taken a picture of your masterpiece, just stir all the ingredients together.
What is the best way to beat the Coffee into foam?
This coffee drink is known for the beaten mixture of foam on top. You can use either a hand mixer or beat this by hand with a whisk. It takes a good 5 minutes to get stiff peaks. The recommended amount is about 400 strokes if done by hand.
Can This Drink Be Dairy-Free?
Yes, you can use your favorite cream beverage as the base. Choose from Soy Milk, Almond Milk, or Coconut Milk. Try this Dairy Free Keto Whipped Coffee
How Long Will The Foam Last?
The foam stays firm for a few days. You can make ahead and serve later in the day. It is best consumed within 24 hours.
How Do You Drink Whipped Coffee?
Once you finish making your drink and take a picture or make a TIK TOK video, you can stir the coffee. You do not want to drink the foam by itself. It will probably be too strong. The flavor blends well with the milk and makes a delicious Iced Latte Beverage, just in time for the summer heat.
You can also drink this beverage hot if you prefer.