Make this festive Patriotic Jello Poke Cake for your next holiday get-together. It is moist and drizzled with colorful jello, and topped with whipped cream and red, white, and blue sprinkles.
Why I love this poke cake recipe
Poke cakes are so easy to make but they have a big impact. They are so moist and they can be filled with either Jello or Pudding. You can make almost any kind of flavor you can think of and decorate for any type of holiday or occasion.
The hardest part is the waiting time of letting it sit in the refrigerator after baking. And the best part is cutting into the cake and seeing the colors and flavors and taking your first bite.
- White cake mix with ingredients to make it.
- 1.5 oz blue jello (half of a small box)
- 1.5 oz red jello (half of a small box)
- 1 cup boiling water, divided
- 8 oz of whipped topping
- patriotic sprinkles
Prepare cake as directed on the box and bake.
When the cake is cool, combine 1/2 cup of boiling water with blue jello in a bowl. Stir until dissolved and repeat for the red jello.
Use the bottom of a wooden spoon to poke holes in the top of the cake.
Spoon jello mixtures into the holes one flavor at a time. Try to alternate the colors so it makes a nice pattern when you cut into it. You don’t want to get a purple color by putting the red and blue Jello into the same hole. Place cake in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Frost the cake with the Cool Whip and add sprinkles.
*This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I get a small commission. Please see my disclosure policy for details
Items Used in this Recipe
Patriotic Jello Poke Cake
- 1 Box White Cake Mix Box including ingredients needed
- 1.5 ounce Jello Red
- 1.5 ounce Jello Blue
- 1 Cup Water Boiling and divided in two
- 8 ounces Whipped Topping Cool Whip
- Prepare the cake mix according to the box directions.
- After Baked let cake cool on counter while making the Jello.
- Combine 1/2 cup of boiling water with the red jellow and also the blue jello in two seperate bowls and stir until disolved.
- Using the end of the wooden spoon poke holes into the top of the cake as shown above.
- Carefully add the red and blue jello alternately into the holes to make a nice pattern. Try not to get both flavors into the same hole.
- Place the cake into the refrigerator for 30 minutes to allow the cake to cool and set.
- Frost with the whipped cream and add festive sprinkles.