Red Velvet Poke Cake is the newest addition to the Poke Cake Recipe Family. The color of the cookies gives this cake a vibrant burst of flavorful goodness.
Red Velvet Oreo Poke Cake
Have you seen the Limited Edition Red Velvet Oreos yet? They are a sweet new cookie that works well with this Red Velvet Oreo Poke Cake. I wanted to add it to my easy dessert recipe section.
Now, these Oreos don’t have the regular middle, they have a cream cheese middle. The problem is the bags are smaller than normal, and you know you could eat a whole bag in one sitting, now you might have to get two bags to get your fill.
Then I added it to a Poke Cake and you know we have a match made in Heaven.
Red Velvet Oreo Poke Cake
- 1 box White Cake Mix and ingredients on box
- Oreo Cookies (I used Red Velvet Limited Edition) (reserve 4 – 5 cookies for topping)
- 1 box Oreo Pudding 4.5 oz
- 2 cups of Milk
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- Preheat oven to 350 or what your box mix suggests. Spray at 9 X 13 pan with cooking spray.
- Line Cake Pan with Oreo Cookies for Crust.
- Mix cake as directed on box.
- Pour over cookies. Bake as directed.
- Just before cake comes out Make pudding in large bowl.
- I like to check my cake about 5 minutes before timer goes off to check doneness.
- Using the end of wooden spoon make about 40 to 50 holes on top of cake. Pour pudding into holes. Make sure you do this right away or pudding will be too thick.
- Leave on counter until cake cools.This way the pudding can saturate the holes.
- Refrigerate about 1 hour. Top cake with cool whip and take 5 – 6 cookies and crumble and pour on top.
If you loved this recipe and made it can you give it a 5-star review? That will help it be seen more. You can also pin it to Pinterest or share it on Facebook.
I hope you are enjoying our 14 day series on Love and Romance. If you have missed any post so far, you can find them here.
- 11 Romantic Movies
- Romantic Mocktail Drinks
- Valentine’s I Love You Printable
- Romantic Date Night Gift Basket Tutorial
- Red Velvet Oreo Poke Cake
- Hugs and Kisses Valentine printable
- Red Velvet Fudge
- Red Velvet Desserts that speak love
- Red Pink White Valentines Mantel
- Fun Ways to Celebrate Valentines Day as a family
- Berry Delicious Nachos
- Valentines Day Free Printable
- Chocolate Dipped and Decorated Pretzels
- Red Velvet Pancakes
P.S. What will you make with these red velvet Oreos?
Mariet - Practicingnormal says
Red Velvet is my guilty pleasure and this looks divine. I’m saving this recipe, thank you for sharing. #MondayMadness.
Well this certainly looks festive.
Thanks for sharing on Tasty Tuesdays. Hope to see you back next week.
aimee fauci says
I have never made a Poke Cake. I have heard of them but have never made or eaten one. I must try this! Pinning and linking up from SITS Link Up.
I am a dessert fan and this looks so good! I haven’t seen the Red Velvet Oreos so I am going to have to go shopping!
Crystal & Co. says
Oh, my boys would love this. We’ve gone through THREE packages of the Red Velvet Oreos.
Miranda @ Cookie Dough & Oven Mitt says
Well, I have myself a pack of these red velvet oreos. I know what I’m making with them now! This poke cake looks delicious!
Cynthia Rusincovitch says
My husband might cry if I crush up his oreos haha However, he might feel much better when I use them to make this! Wow, this looks amazing! Thanks for linking up at delicious dishes recipe party!
Mandee Pogue says
Um, I can totally sum this up in 2 words…AMEN and HALLELUJAH! YAAAS!!! #getinmybelly