This Red, White and Blue festive salad combines sweetness, tart and a little crunch to your next barbecue.
When it comes to summertime barbecues, there is nothing better than coming up with some great recipes and dishes to bring to your favorite afternoon party. This cool crunchy sweet side dish with be a welcome addition.
Red White and Blue Salad
I’ve been trying to come up with a festive salad for Memorial Day and 4th of July and instead of my traditional dessert, I decided on a Red White and Blue Salad.
It is easy to make and only has a few ingredients to whip it up in a hurry. You can even use frozen berries. It is almost more of a salsa but chunkier. This is a great side dish or appetizer to bring to any party. But I warn you to get a small bowl for yourself before you serve, it will be gone before you know it.
Get the Recipe for Red White and Blue Salad Below
Red White Blue Salad
- 1 Cup fresh organic blueberries
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup diced jicama
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 TB chopped jalapeno pepper stemmed and seeded
- Juice of 1 lime
- Crackers or Tortilla Chips
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except the salt. Slowly add salt to taste. Chill for 1 hour. Serve with crackers or tortilla chips.
- WARNING: Get a bowl for yourself before it's all gone.