This Crock pot French Toast Casserole tastes like you spent hours creating it, but your crock pot is really doing all the work.
You can make it the night before and set the timer for a few hours before you are ready for breakfast. The best part is you can sleep in and have a great breakfast made for your family.
If you really love French Toast, check out my article on 17 mouth-watering Crockpot French Toast Recipes.
Best Bread for French Toast Casserole
This recipe is made with a Loaf of French Bread. It is best when you cut it up at least an hour before it goes in the crockpot so it can get nice and crusty before you add the eggs and milk.
After I made this, I thought of all the different ways you can adjust this for different flavors. So don’t be surprised if you see some more popping up over the next few months.
French Toast Casserole Recipe
Crock pot French Toast Casserole
- 1 loaf of French bread cut up and cubed Bread is best if it is day old, or left on the counter for 1 day.
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups of milk (I use whole but you can use 2%
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Take one loaf of French bread, cut it into cubes and place the bread cubes into a large bowl at least one hour in advance so it can get hard.
- In another bowl, place your eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon and beat together until well blended.
- Pour your egg and milk mixture over your bread cubes and toss until all the bread is coated.
- Spray your Slow Cooker with cooking spray or use a crock pot liner.
- Add your coated bread mixture into slow cooker and press mixture down into Crock Pot.
- Take your butter and brown sugar and cream together with a fork until crumbles form.
- Take your crumbles and sprinkle over bread mixture.
- Cover and place in your refrigerator for 4 hours.
- You can cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
This Post Has Been Updated since 2014
Have you signed up for our latest recipe and tips posts? Make sure you Pin this recipe for later and leave us a 5-star review in the comments if you enjoy this.
When we woke up, the kitchen smelled so wonderful and the best part is you really don’t have to add much syrup to this dish. Using this homemade Vanilla extract really brings out the flavor. It is really moist and so delicious.
If you like this Crock Pot Casserole recipe try these breakfast recipes:
*This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I get a small commission. Please see my disclosure policy for details
- Slow Cooker Liners Make Clean up a Breeze
- Crockpot Travel Carrier Take your favorite crockpot with you and keep it safe from spills.
- Digital Thermometer Perfect for checking the temperature of your meats in the crockpot.
- Shredding Claws Makes pulled pork and pulled chicken easier to shred without burning your hands.
- Bowls for Storage Make leftovers and clean-up easier.
- Baggy Rack Bag openers to hold bags open as you pour in ingredients.
- Crockpot Trio 3 1.5 crocks for side dishes and dips.
- Pioneer Woman 7 Quart Programmable Crockpot
- 13 Crockpot tips and uses
If you want more Slow Cooker recipe ideas, try some of these great cookbooks.
This French Toast Casserole tastes like you spent hours creating it, but your crockpot is really doing all the work. A Delicious breakfast recipe your whole family will enjoy.
Heather D. (@GirlGoneMom) says
I love french toast and in the crockpot? Sign me up!
Candi Elm says
So easy and so delicious. Cant wait to make it in other flavors
Jennifer at Making Our Life Matter says
I never tried this in the crockpot, so thanks for a new recipe to try. Yum!
Candi Elm says
Yes, it is so good and really was easier making it the night before.
This sounds like a great idea for this weekend- can’t wait to try!
Candi Elm says
Just pick up the ingredients during the week and make a great breakfast on the weekend
Shayla of SoVeryShay Blog says
Love the idea of making breakfast the night before! I need to look into a slow cooker with a timer because I also enjoy sleeping more than 2-4 hours, lol.
Candi Elm says
Yes, a timer is great of if you want to get up and turn it on and go back to bed or lounge around in the morning and it will stay on warm till you want it. I had mine all warm for a few hours after it was done and still delicious.
This looks awesome! And I love that it’s made in the crock pot. Sounds way easy (my favorite kind of recipes 😛 ). Thanks for sharing!
Candi Elm says
Thanks, So quick and easy and versatile.
Vicki @ Five Spot Green Living says
Oh boy! I love this recipe but hate waiting for it to cook in the morning! I never knew you could put it in the crock pot.
I never knew you could make French Toast in a crockpot!
Sharon Rowe says
Just popping over from How To Get Organized At Home and wanted to say thanks for sharing, I have never thought to do this in a slow cooker before, thanks for the inspiration.
Christina @ It Is a Keeper says
I cannot wait to try this recipe! It is perfect for busy mornings.
Simple Hacks Living says
A great idea! Thanks for sharing on Tasty Tuesdays!
Barb @ A Life in Balance says
Thank you for posting to Motivation Monday!
Amber Ludwig says
I am totally sold on anything I can cook in my slow cooker!! I have yet to have anything bad come out of that bad boy 🙂 My hubby is a sucker for great french toast so I will have to let him be the judge of this one!! Can’t wait to try!!
Eileen Kelly says
I love how easy this french toast casserole is to make in the slow cooker! I need easy recipes for the family and this is on the always make list!
Healing Tomato says
I love this idea of a French Toast casserole. Looks amazing and so easy to make.
Molly Kumar says
This just made me crave french toast casserole and I do have all the ingredients too 🙂 Will be trying soon.
I love that this is made in a slow cooker. It is so easy to make and enjoy!
Just found out a perfect and delicious alternative for my breakfast
Thank you for this idea!