This Crock pot French Toast Casserole tastes like you spent hours creating it, but your crock pot is really doing all the work.
You can make it the night before and set the timer for a few hours before you are ready for breakfast. The best part is you can sleep in and have a great breakfast made for your family.
All of our 5 Ingredient crockpot meals are made with 5 ingredients or less. They may also have some additional spices, but only 5 main ingredients.
Best Bread for French Toast Casserole
This recipe is made with a Loaf of French Bread. It is best when you cut it up at least an hour before it goes in the crockpot so it can get nice and crusty before you add the eggs and milk.
After I made this, I thought of all different ways you can adjust this for different flavors. So don’t be surprised if you see some more popping up over the next few months.
French Toast Casserole Recipe
Crock pot French Toast Casserole
- 1 Loaf of French bread cut up and cubed Bread is best if it is day old, or left on the counter for 1 day.
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups of milk (I use whole but you can use 2%
- 1 1/2 ts cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 ts vanilla
- Take one loaf of French bread, cut it into cubes and place the bread cubes into a large bowl at least one hour in advance so it can get hard.
- In another bowl, place your eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon and beat together until well blended.
- Pour your egg and milk mixture over your bread cubes and toss until all the bread is coated.
- Spray your Slow Cooker with cooking spray or use a crock pot liner.
- Add your coated bread mixture into slow cooker and press mixture down into Crock Pot.
- Take your butter and brown sugar and cream together with a fork until crumbles form.
- Take your crumbles and sprinkle over bread mixture.
- Cover and place in your refrigerator for 4 hours.
- You can cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours. Serves 4 – 6
This Post Has Been Updated since 2014
Have you signed up for our latest recipe and tips posts? Make sure you Pin this recipe for later and leave us a 5-star review in the comments if you enjoy this.
When we woke up, the kitchen smelled so wonderful and the best part is you really don’t have to add much syrup to this dish. Using this homemade Vanilla extract really brings out the flavor. It is really moist and so delicious.
If you like this Crock Pot Casserole recipe try these breakfast recipes:
*This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I get a small commission. Please see my disclosure policy for details
- Slow Cooker Liners Makes Clean up a Breeze
- Crockpot Travel Carrier Take your favorite crockpot with you and keep it safe from spills.
- Shredding Claws Makes pulled pork and pulled chicken easier to shred without burning your hands.
- Bowls for Storage Makes leftovers and clean up easier.
- Baggy Rack Bag openers to hold bags open as you pour in ingredients.
- Crockpot Trio 3 1.5 crocks for side dishes and dips.
- Pioneer Woman 7 Quart Programmable Crockpot
- 13 Crockpot tips and uses
If you want more Slow Cooker recipe ideas, try some of these great cookbooks.
This French Toast Casserole tastes like you spent hours creating it, but your crockpot is really doing all the work. A Delicious breakfast recipe your whole family will enjoy.
Free Menu Planning Cheat Sheets
Subscribe to get our latest recipes, budgeting and encouraging tips and receive our Free menu plan cheat sheet with 7 days sample recipes for Free.