This Blackberry Lavender Bundt Cake is so beautiful, it is the perfect centerpiece and one of my favorite dessert recipes for your next party or holiday.
Blackberry Lavender Bundt Cake
I have been eyeing these blackberries in the store for weeks now and today I picked them up. I thought, I need to make something with them because they are so beautiful and they need to be photographed.
This week, I have been battling a migraine for days and haven’t been doing much else, but staying in a dark room. I was determined to create something lovely and am excited for the inspiration I received at Walmart of all places.
I love Bundt cakes, because they are so easy and they don’t have to take all day to bake and frost. Plus you can fill the middle with fruit and it looks so scrumptious. For this cake I used this 12 cup bundt pan.
I decided to add a little lavender that I bought as I was making this batter, just because it goes with the color and it makes it a little more unique, but you can decide if you want to add it or not.
I have a spice grinder so I did take a teaspoon and ground up the lavender a little bit.
I served this after dinner this weekend and it was delicious.
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1¾ cup of granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 ts of Vanilla extract
- 3 cups of cake flour
- 2 ts of cinnamon
- 1 ts of baking soda
- 1 ts lavender buds
- 1 ts salt
- ¾ cup of sour cream
- 1 cup of Blackberry preserves
- ½ cup Blackberry preserves
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Spray 12 cup bundt pan with cooking spray and flour
- Cream the butter and sugar in mixer
- Add one egg at a time, scrape sides
- add Vanilla
- In separate bowl mix flour, soda, cinnamon, lavender and salt together
- Alternately mix part flour, part sour cream
- Add Blackberry Preserves
- Pour into bundt pan. Bake for 15 minutes at 300 degrees and then increase heat to 350 degrees for an additional 40 to 50 minutes.
- Let cool then remove from pan.
- Once cake is completely cool heat remaining blackberry preserves in sauce pan.
- Add powdered sugar until desired consistency. Drizzle on cake and then add fresh blackberries.