This Lemon Cream Cheese Bundt Cake recipe is easy to make and looks delectably luscious and it starts with a Lemon Cake Mix.
Lemon Bundt Cake With Cream Cheese Filling Recipe
This lemon bundt cake is filled with lemon cream cheese and drizzled with lemon icing.
Have I got your attention yet?
I decorated it for Sunday dinner and also for spring or Easter. It would be beautiful on a brunch table on a pretty cake pedestal.
Bundt Cakes are so versatile and can be decorated in so many ways. There are a variety of bundt pans you buy to create different looks from the same recipe.
I created this recipe from a store bought pound cake mix and then added ingredients to it to make it simple but delicious. Pound cake holds up a little better in the bundt pan since you need to get it out of the pan in one piece.
*This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I get a small commission. Please see my disclosure policy for details
The fun thing about bundt cakes is you can add something into the middle of the recipe, so you get a surprise when you cut into it, or you can add something fun in the middle hole after its baked when on display, to create some pizzazz and fit any season or holiday. You can also add some lemon zest or lemon shavings to the top of the cake for added flavor.
IMPORTANT: Make sure the amount of filling works with the pan you use. This may take some trial and error. When choosing pans, read what capacity it holds and make sure your recipe fills that amount or choose a smaller pan. You can use a measuring cup of water and fill until 1 1/4″ to the rim and use that amount for how much batter you will need.
Lemon Cream Cheese Bundt Cake
- Bundt Cake
- 1 package of lemon flavored pound cake or lemon cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 8 oz of cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 TB of fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Fresh Lemon Juice to desired consistency
- In a small bowl, combine, cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice until smooth.
- Fill a piping bag or sandwich bag with filling
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 or 10″ bundt pan
- Cream butter, and eggs one at a time until creamy. Add cake mix and beat.
- Add cake batter into the prepared bundt pan
- Cut tip off of bag and squeeze filling in a circle in the middle of bundt batter
- Top with remaining batter
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes and test with toothpick or cake tester
- Let Cool
- In small bowl add powdered sugar and add a TB of Lemon juice at a time until the consistency is able to be drizzled over top.
Best Tools to Create Your Lemon Bundt Cake
More Bundt Cake Baking Tips
- Make sure you grease your pan thoroughly with cooking spray or Crisco and flour
- Choose a size pan based on the fluid amount of your batter
- Leave 1 1/4″ at the top of the pan for rising
- Lightly tap the pan on the counter full of batter to remove any air bubbles
- Smooth the top with a spatula
- Place on a Baking tray for baking in case of spill over
- After Baking remove from the oven and loosen the edges immediately with a small metal cake spatula
- Turn the pan upside down on a wire rack and after 15 minutes remove the pan.
If you love this Lemon Bundt Cake recipe then try these desserts.