This Blackberry Lavender Cake is so beautiful, it is the perfect centerpiece and one of my favorite dessert recipes for your next party or holiday.
Made with a sour cream base cake and fresh lavender and blackberry preserves. It tastes delicious with some Blackberry Iced Tea.
I have been eyeing these blackberries in the store for weeks now and today I picked them up. I thought I needed to make something with them because they are so beautiful and they need to be photographed.
*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for details
What makes this bundt cake special?
I love Bundt cakes because they are so easy and they don’t have to take all day to bake and frost. Plus you can fill the middle with fruit and it looks so scrumptious. For this cake, I used this 12 cup bundt pan.
I decided to add a little lavender that I had bought as I was making this batter, just because it goes with the color and it makes it a little more unique, but you can decide if you want to add it or not.
I served this after dinner this weekend and it was delicious.
This recipe has been updated since April 2015
Related Cake Recipes:
Blackberry Lavender Bundt Cake
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 ts of Vanilla extract
- 3 cups of cake flour
- 2 ts of cinnamon
- 1 ts of baking soda
- 1 ts lavender buds
- 1 ts salt
- 3/4 cup of sour cream
- 1 cup of Blackberry preserves
- 1/2 cup Blackberry preserves seedless
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Spray 12 cup bundt pan with cooking spray and flour
- Cream the butter and sugar in mixer
- Add one egg at a time, scrape sides
- add Vanilla
- In separate bowl mix flour, soda, cinnamon, lavender and salt together
- Alternately mix part flour, part sour cream
- Add Blackberry Preserves
- Pour into bundt pan. Bake for 15 minutes at 300 degrees and then increase heat to 350 degrees for an additional 40 to 50 minutes.
- Let cool then remove from pan.
- Once cake is completely cool heat remaining blackberry preserves in sauce pan.
- Add powdered sugar until desired consistency. Drizzle on cake and then add fresh blackberries.