This post was sponsored by S&W Beans as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Make this high protein, Best Beef Enchilada Recipe in under 30 minutes. Perfect for the busy family short on time.
Best Beef Enchilada Recipe with Black Beans
When I think of what healthier living means to me, it’s being intentional and balanced between family, work, habits, eating, exercise and everything that encompasses my day.
I know that thinking the right thoughts means choosing to listen to positive messages and friends. Exercising means going often to the gym or taking a beautiful walk or jog outside, or just creating a good habit.
Having a balance between work and family when you work from home, can sometimes have blurred lines and I have to choose when to shut down my office hours and focus on family time.
Make Healthier Dinner Choices
It is the same with healthier choices in eating. When you are home the majority of the day, it can be easy to eat snacks and things that are not the best for me. I keep lots of raw veggies in the refrigerator and drink plenty of water and protein shakes daily.
Recently in my meal planning, I have been using Black Beans as protein in several of my dishes. I have made black bean brownies for friends that were vegan and gluten-free. They actually taste delicious, by the way. You can also put white beans in your smoothies. It is a great way to get high protein in your diet, and the best part is you can’t really taste the beans like you think you might. They just add protein and some density to your dish.
Last night I made the best beef enchilada recipe with low sodium black beans. They were really quick to make and budget friendly.
Gather All Ingredients For Recipe
One thing I like to do when I make a recipe is to get all the ingredients out first. Make sure I have everything. Then open up the cans, but the spices in small bowls and see everything in front of me, while reading my recipe twice to make sure I don’t forget anything.
Recipe For The Best Beef Enchiladas
If you like this recipe give it a 5-star rating.
Beef and Black Bean Enchiladas
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 ts ground cumin
- 1/2 ts chili powder
- 1/2 ts ground oregano
- 2 cloves garlic
- 10 oz can S&W low sodium black beans rinsed and drained
- 10 oz can enchilada sauce
- 12 6" " corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese divided
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 lb of ground hamburger or 1 12 oz bag soy crumbles
- 4 oz fat free cream cheese
- Spray a 9 X 13 pan with cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Heat a large skillet coated with cooking spray over a medium high heat. If using ground beef, brown and drain fat, then saute onions in side of the skillet, stir in cumin, chili powder and oregano, garlic, beans, and soy crumbles (if using) cook several minutes stirring ingredients.
- Stir in salsa, and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat and add cream cheese and 1/2 of the cheese, stirring until melted.
- Warm tortillas. Spread 1/3 of enchilada sauce in bottom of pan. Spoon 1/3 cup bean mixture into the middle of each tortilla and wrap seam side down. Pour remaining sauce on top of enchiladas and add remaining cheese. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Add Sour Cream, Avocado and Black olives (Optional)
- Serving size 2 enchiladas
I hope you enjoy the best Beef Enchilada casserole and share it on Pinterest.
S&W Beans has the highest standards in the industry, delivering premium quality for over 120 years. Their varieties include Pinto, Kidney, White, Black Beans, Chili, Garbanzo, Low Sodium, Organic and more.
Free Menu Planning Cheat Sheets
Subscribe to get our latest recipes, budgeting and encouraging tips and receive our Free menu plan cheat sheet with 7 days sample recipes for Free.