Mexican Chicken Chili is the perfect meal for after work or on a fall evening. It is a great lower-carb option and has lots of herbs and flavors for a tasty comfort meal.
Trying to find new dinner options can be a challenge and finding meals that your family will enjoy can be just as challenging. This Mexican Chicken Chili has lots of protein and is so flavorful. Just what you are looking for! If you are looking for a delicious recipe in under 30 minutes, this is it!
Why this recipe is a favorite
Mexican Chicken White Chili is perfect for those nights when a bowl of comfort food is needed. As well as Game Day Meals or when you need an easy meal for back-to-school night dinners. It’s full of protein and delicious seasoning and spices and the best part is, your whole family will love it.
- Add oil to a large pot or dutch oven. Sautee the onions for 2-3 minutes on medium heat. Add the Garlic and Sautee for an additional minute.
- Add the chicken, broth, green chilis, and spices and reduce heat and simmer for several minutes.
- Mash half the can of White Chili Beans with a potato masher. Add all the White Chili Beans and Pinto Beans and simmer for 10 minutes to allow the chili to thicken. Add cheese and your favorite toppings.
Frequently Asked Questions
After you saute the onions and garlic you can transfer to a slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours.
This recipe uses White Chili Beans. You can find them in the S & W brand. They are white kidney beans or cannellini beans.
Yes, you can freeze this recipe in a plastic GLAD container for up to two months.
Expert Tips & Notes
Use either a potato masher or a food processor for some of the beans to give it a creamier base. If using a food processor add a little broth to it.
You can use either precooked chicken or rotisserie chicken.
If you loved this recipe and made it can you give it a 5-star review? That will help it be seen more. You can also pin it to Pinterest or share it on Facebook.
Mexican Chicken White Chili
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 lb cooked chicken shredded
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 oz chopped green chilis
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can White Chili Beans
- 1 can Pinto Beans
- 1 cup Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
- Cilantro For Garnish
- Jalapeno Pepper Chopped Optional
- Sour Cream Optional
- Avocado Optional
- Add olive oil to a dutch oven or large pot. Heat on medium heat, add onions. Cook for 3-5 minutes until slightly softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic, saute for one minute.
- Add chicken, chicken broth, green chilies, cumin, oregano, and cayenne. Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer.
- Using a potato masher, mash 1/2 of can of white chili beans until it resembles a chunky paste. Add the paste and remaining can of beans and pinto beans to the pot.
- Partially cover and allow to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. The bean paste will help thicken it up.
- Top with cheese and cilantro as desired.
- Add optional sour cream, jalapeno, and avocado