This post was sponsored by S&W Beans and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Low Carb Mexican Chicken White Chili is the perfect meal for after work or a fall evening. It is a great low carb option and has lots of herbs and flavors for a tasty comfort meal.
Trying to find Low Carb dinners can be a challenge and finding meals that your family will enjoy can be just as challenging. This Low Carb Mexican Chicken White Chili has lots of protein and is low carb. Just what you are looking for!
Mexican Chicken White Chili is perfect for those nights when a bowl of comfort food is needed. As well as Game Day Meals or when you need an easy meal for back to school night dinners.
It’s full of protein and delicious seasoning and spices and the best part is, it’s low carb for those wanting lower calorie and healthier options.
Low Carb Mexican Chicken White Chili Recipe
Low Carb Mexican Chicken White Chili
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 2 ts olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 lb cooked chicken shredded
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 oz chopped green chilis
- 1 ts ground cumin
- 1 ts dried oregano
- 3/4 ts cayenne pepper
- 1 can S&W Beans White Chili Beans
- 1 can S&W Beans Pinto Beans
- 1 cup Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
- Cilantro For Garnish
- Jalapeno Pepper Chopped Optional
- Add olive oil to a dutch oven or large pot. Heat on medium heat, add onions. Cook for 3-5 minutes until slightly softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic, saute for one minute.
- Add chicken, chicken broth, green chilies, cumin, oregano, and cayenne. Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer.
- Using a potato masher, mash 1/2 of can of white chili beans until it resembles a chunky paste. Add the paste and remaining can of beans to the pot.
- Partially cover and allow to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. The bean paste will help thicken it up.
- Top with cheese and cilantro as desired.
For this recipe I chose S&W Beans which has the highest standards in the industry, delivering premium quality for over 120 years. Their varieties include Pinto, Kidney, White, Black Beans, Chili, Garbanzo, Low Sodium, Organic and more.
Leave me a 5 Star Review if you enjoy this recipe along with a comment
For more family-friendly dinner recipes see below.
- Lemon Chicken and Rice Crock Pot Dinner
- Lasagna Individual Meals
- Chicken and Mozzarella Skillet Dinner Low Carb
- Crockpot Chicken Soup with Broccoli
Free Menu Planning Cheat Sheets
Subscribe to get our latest recipes, budgeting and encouraging tips and receive our Free menu plan cheat sheet with 7 days sample recipes for Free.