A delicious creamy Crockpot Buffalo Mac and Cheese your family will enjoy and finish every bite.
This is the perfect comfort food for cool nights. With creamy homemade cheese sauce and a little kick from the buffalo sauce and the extra protein of the chicken, you have a complete meal. Try more of our other Crockpot Meals.
Tips for Making this Crockpot Buffalo Mac and Cheese
- Get your chicken defrosted, cleaned and trim any fat off
- Use a Crockpot liner to save time with clean up. If you don’t have any use cooking spray
- Start with 1/2 cup of Buffalo sauce and add more to taste
- You can substitute store-bought cheese sauce but making it by scratch tastes amazing.
- Watch your time with cooking pasta so it doesn’t overcook and there is enough liquid.
- Make your cheese sauce while pasta is cooking.
- Enjoy with any optional ingredients such as chopped onions or black olives.
- Serve with a Garden Salad
Leave me a 5 Star Review if you enjoy this recipe along with a comment
*This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I get a small commission. Please see my disclosure policy for details
Crockpot Buffalo Mac and Cheese
- 1 lb Boneless Chicken
- 2 cups chicken broth Organic Preferrably
- 1/2 cup Buffalo Sauce Either Franks Red Hot Buffalo or Sweet Baby Rays Buffalo Sauce
- 1 ts garlic powder
- 8 oz Pasta Shells Small or Medium
- 3 tbs butter
- 2 tbs flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheese mild cheddar or your choice
- Add chicken, broth, buffalo sauce and seasoning to crockpot
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8
- Shred fully cooked chicken with forks inside the crockpot
- Add uncooked pasta and stir to combine
- Cover and cook pasta on high for 30-45 minutes until fully cooked add additional water 1/4 cup if needed during this time and stir.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat melt butter and Whisk in flour
- Pour in milk while whisking continuously until smooth
- Bring to simmer for 4-6 minutes until sauce thickens enough to stick to a spoon
- Remove from heat and whisk in cheese until melted and smooth
- Add cheese sauce to crockpot and stir to combine
Looking for More Crockpot Meal Ideas
- Crockpot Breakfast Recipes
- Crockpot Bacon Ranch Chicken
- 25 Easy Crockpot Dinner Recipes
- Crockpot Chicken and Broccoli Soup
- Buzzfeed 33 Paleo Slow Cooker Dinners
Tips for Using Your Crockpot
- Slow Cooker Liners Makes Clean up a Breeze
- Crockpot Travel Carrier Take your favorite crockpot with you and keep it safe from spills.
- Digital Thermometer Perfect for checking the temperature of your meats in the crockpot.
- Shredding Claws Makes pulled pork and pulled chicken easier to shred without burning your hands.
- Bowls for Storage Makes leftovers and clean up easier.
- Baggy Rack Bag openers to hold bags open as you pour in ingredients.
- Crockpot Trio 3 1.5 crocks for side dishes and dips.
- Pioneer Woman 7 Quart Programmable Crockpot
- 13 Crockpot tips and uses
Order these additional 31 recipes as an Instant Download recipe book: 31 Slow Cooker Recipes for Breakfast, Dinner, Desserts and Side Dishes.