A delicious creamy Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese recipe your family will enjoy and finish every bite.
This is the perfect comfort food for cool nights. With creamy homemade cheese sauce and a little kick from the buffalo sauce and the extra protein of the chicken, you have a complete meal. Try more of our other Crockpot Meals.
Tips for Making Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
- Get your chicken defrosted, cleaned and trim any fat off
- Use a Crockpot liner to save time with clean up. If you don’t have any use cooking spray
- Start with 1/2 cup of Buffalo sauce and add more to taste
- You can substitute store-bought cheese sauce but making it by scratch tastes amazing.
- Watch your time with cooking pasta so it doesn’t overcook and there is enough liquid.
- Make your cheese sauce while pasta is cooking.
- Enjoy with any optional ingredients such as chopped onions or black olives.
- Serve with a Garden Salad
Leave me a 5 Star Review if you enjoy this recipe along with a comment
*This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I get a small commission. Please see my disclosure policy for details
Crockpot Buffalo Mac and Cheese
- 1 lb Boneless Chicken
- 2 cups chicken broth Organic Preferrably
- 1/2 cup Buffalo Sauce Either Franks Red Hot Buffalo or Sweet Baby Rays Buffalo Sauce
- 1 ts garlic powder
- 8 oz Pasta Shells Small or Medium
- 3 tbs butter
- 2 tbs flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheese mild cheddar or your choice
- Add chicken, broth, buffalo sauce and seasoning to crockpot
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8
- Shred fully cooked chicken with forks inside the crockpot
- Add uncooked pasta and stir to combine
- Cover and cook pasta on high for 30-45 minutes until fully cooked add additional water 1/4 cup if needed during this time and stir.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat melt butter and Whisk in flour
- Pour in milk while whisking continuously until smooth
- Bring to simmer for 4-6 minutes until sauce thickens enough to stick to a spoon
- Remove from heat and whisk in cheese until melted and smooth
- Add cheese sauce to crockpot and stir to combine
Looking for More Crockpot Meal Ideas
- Crockpot Breakfast Recipes
- Crockpot Bacon Ranch Chicken
- 25 Easy Crockpot Dinner Recipes
- Crockpot Chicken and Broccoli Soup
- Buzzfeed 33 Paleo Slow Cooker Dinners
Tips for Using Your Crockpot
- Slow Cooker Liners Makes Clean up a Breeze
- Crockpot Travel Carrier Take your favorite crockpot with you and keep it safe from spills.
- Digital Thermometer Perfect for checking the temperature of your meats in the crockpot.
- Shredding Claws Makes pulled pork and pulled chicken easier to shred without burning your hands.
- Bowls for Storage Makes leftovers and clean up easier.
- Baggy Rack Bag openers to hold bags open as you pour in ingredients.
- Crockpot Trio 3 1.5 crocks for side dishes and dips.
- Pioneer Woman 7 Quart Programmable Crockpot
- 13 Crockpot tips and uses
Order these additional 31 recipes as an Instant Download recipe book: 31 Slow Cooker Recipes for Breakfast, Dinner, Desserts and Side Dishes.