Crockpot Chicken Verde with 5 ingredients will get your dinner ready in one pot and full of flavor with herbs and spices.
Crockpot meals are simple to make and save a lot of time for busy moms and families. You rarely have to defrost your meat and with a little chopping of your ingredients and placing in your crockpot, the only other thing you have to do is wait.
That being the beauty of it is getting it ready and letting it do it’s “thing,” while you work on more important tasks.
Crockpot Chicken Verde with 5 Ingredients
This Chicken Verde recipe is easy to make and you can add any side dish to it you like. It takes 3 hours on high and 6 -7 hours on low using frozen chicken breasts with just a few ingredients and when it’s done you just shred the chicken and place on a tortilla. What can be simpler?
Crockpot Chicken Verde
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 16 oz Salsa Verde
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Corn Tortillas
- Lime juice optional
- Place the frozen chicken breasts into the crockpot using a crockpot liner for easy cleanup.
- Add a 16 0z jar of salsa verde, cumin, garlic powder, lime juice and salt and pepper.
- Cook on low temp for 6 hours or high temp for 4 hours. When done, let cool a bit and then shred with two forks.
- Serve on top of corn tortillas, add some cilantro for color, or jalapenos. Serve with Rice, beans or corn salsa.
Supplies for Your Crockpot
- Slow Cooker Liners Make Clean up a Breeze
- Crockpot Travel Carrier Take your favorite crockpot with you and keep it safe from spills.
- Digital Thermometer Perfect for checking the temperature of your meats in the crockpot.
- Shredding Claws Makes pulled pork and pulled chicken easier to shred without burning your hands.
- Bowls for Storage Make leftovers and clean-up easier.
- Baggy Rack Bag openers to hold bags open as you pour in ingredients.
- Crockpot Trio 3 1.5 crocks for side dishes and dips.
- Pioneer Woman 7 Quart Programmable Crockpot
- 13 Crockpot tips and uses
Ways to Serve
Your Chicken Verde
- Serve with Spanish Rice
- Jasmine Rice
- Corn Salsa
- Refried Beans
- Serve on Tortillas
- On A bed of lettuce
- Make them into a burrito
- Add some shredded cheese.
If you enjoy this recipe leave a 5 star review in the comments and share on Pinterest.
If you love to use your crockpot, try these
Shari Lynne says
I love all things Mexican and this is delish!
This recipe was super easy to make. My family loved it too. Thanks:)
We just made a similar recipe in the Instant Pot and it is SO good! I will have to try it this way, too!
Anne Lawton says
I love this recipe and all of the ways you can serve it!
Great and yummy idea, I love this recipe!