Have you ever been to a tea house and had their little tea sandwiches? I have some super easy Cucumber Tea Sandwiches for your next tea event.
I like to have 3 different sandwiches on a plate when I serve tea or have a get-together with friends. For more ideas visit my full Afternoon Tea Page.
My first is usually a cucumber dill sandwich. I take white bread and cut it in a circle with a cookie cutter. Then I add some butter and softened cream cheese and spread it on the bread. I take thinly sliced cucumbers and place on top and add some fresh dill.
My second sandwich is a Tomato and pesto sandwich. I take mini bread from the bakery section of the store. They usually are in small 2 in squares and I buy rye bread. I make pesto sauce and spread on top. Then slice cherry tomatoes and put them on top with a slice of green olive.
The third is usually a variation of my quiche. I choose different ingredients depending on what I might be serving. I may also add a crust to the quiche depending on how hearty I want the meal.
- White Bread
- English Cucumber
- Fresh Dill
- Fresh Chives (optional)
- Cream Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
Peel and Slice Cucumber, place on paper towel to drain, Salt and Pepper to Season
Spread Butter on Slices of Bread (refrigerated bread works best for spreading butter)
Mix Chopped Chives in Cream Cheese. Spread Cream Cheese mix over butter on bread slices
Add fresh chopped dill on top of the butter.
Add thinly sliced cucumbers. Enjoy
Cucumber Tea Sandwiches Recipes
- Ultimate Collection of Scone Recipes
- Alice in Wonderland Tea Party
- Tea for Two
- 15 Afternoon Tea Sandwiches
- 15 Tea Party Theme Ideas
Cucumber Tea Sandwiches
- 1 English Cucumber Peeled and Sliced
- 4 slices of White Bread
- 4 Tablespoon Softened Butter
- 4 Tablespoon Softened Cream Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Dill
- 2 Tablespoons Chives
- Peel and Slice Cucumber, place on paper towel to drain, Salt and Pepper to Season.
- Spread Butter on Slices of Bread (refrigerated bread works best for spreading butter).
- Mix Chopped Chives in Cream Cheese.
- Spread Cream Cheese mix over butter on bread slices.
- Cut with Circle Cookie Cutter.
- Add fresh dill.
- Add sliced cucumbers to sandwiches.