Have you ever been to a tea house and had their little tea sandwiches? I have some super easy Cucumber Tea Sandwiches for your next tea event.
I like to have 3 different sandwiches on a plate when I serve tea or have a get together with friends. Visit my full Afternoon Tea Page.
My first is usually a cucumber dill sandwich. I take white bread and cut it in a circle with a cookie cutter. Then I add some butter and softened cream cheese and spread it on the bread. I take thinly sliced cucumbers and place on top and add some fresh dill.
My second sandwich is a Tomato and pesto sandwich. I take mini bread from the bakery section of the store. They usually are in small 2 in squares and I buy rye bread. I make pesto sauce and spread on top. Then slice cherry tomatoes and put on top with a slice of green olive.
The third is usually a variation of my quiche. I choose different ingredients depending on what I might be serving. I may also add a crust to the quiche depending on how hearty I want the meal.
Cucumber Tea Sandwiches Recipes
Cucumber Tea Sandwiches
- 1 English Cucumber Peeled and Sliced
- 4 Slices of White Bread
- 4 tbs Softened Butter
- 4 tbs Whipped Cream Cheese
- Peel and Slice Cucumber, place on paper towel to drain, Salt and Pepper to Season
- Spread Butter on Slices of Bread (refrigerated bread works best for spreading butter)
- Spread Cream Cheese on butter
- Cut with Circle Cookie Cutter
- Add sliced cucumbers to sandwiches
- Add fresh dill