These Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes in a jar are a new favorite among my Creative Cupcake Ideas. Make them in your cupcake pan and then scoop them into these fun jars.
Updated March 15, 2019 Published Feb 18, 2015
In honor of St. Patrick’s Day, and part of my Cupcake of the Flavor month, I created this Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcake in a jar. I love the fact that you can now have it both ways.
I can eat my cupcake with a fork and take as little or big of a bite as I want when it’s in a jar, and you can eat it slower and savor every bite.
It is also shown as a cupcake. That way you can make it either way. I wanted to add a little something to the decadence of this cupcake so I added the chocolate drizzle.
Now if you just don’t like mint at all, you can omit the extract, or you can only add it to the frosting or the cupcake. It really is versatile. I happen to love mint. There is some chocolate mint growing in my backyard. You can also take this herb and steep it in hot water for some tea.
Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes in a Jar
Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
- 3/4 Stick of Softened Butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar 1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ts Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 ts peppermint or spearmint extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour sifted
- 6 oz Hot Water
- 1/2 ts baking soda
- 1/4 ts baking powder
- 1/2 ts salt
- 1 cup of mint chips or andes mint chips
- 8 oz package of softened cream cheese
- 1 Stick of butter
- 3 cups of sifted powdered sugar
- 1/2 ts of Vanilla or mint extract
- Few drops of green food coloring.
- Mix Butter and Sugar together in the mixer, add eggs and extract. In Large bowl mix dry ingredients with a whisk. Slowly alternate dry ingredients with water into creamed mixture bowl. Add mint chips
- Heat Oven to 350 and scoop cupcakes into 12 liners. Place in oven for 18 -20 mins. Let cool.
- Mix, butter and cream cheese together, slowly add powdered sugar, extract and food coloring, a few drops at a time until desired consistency.
- To place in jars, cut cupcake in half. Add bottom half into 8 oz jar. Add frosting, add remainder of cupcake and then decorate. I added additional chips in between layers.
- For Cupcakes I add a chocolate ganache drizzle and then gold and green sugar crystals from Wilton.
Leave me a 5 Star Review if you enjoy this recipe along with a comment
*This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I get a small commission. Please see my disclosure policy for details
Items Used to Make these Cupcakes
If you like these Mint Chocolate Chips Cupcakes in a Jar, try these other Jar desserts:
Free Menu Planning Cheat Sheets
Subscribe to get our latest recipes, budgeting and encouraging tips and receive our Free menu plan cheat sheet with 7 days sample recipes for Free.