These Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes in a jar are a new favorite among my Creative Cupcake Ideas. Make them in your cupcake pan and then scoop them into these fun jars.
In honor of St. Patrick’s Day, and part of my Cupcake of the Flavor month, I created this Cupcake in a jar. I love the fact that you can now have it both ways.
I can eat my cupcake with a fork and take as little or big of a bite as I want when it’s in a jar, and you can eat it slower and savor every bite.
It is also shown as a cupcake. That way you can make it either way. I wanted to add a little something to the decadence of this cupcake so I added the chocolate drizzle.
Now if you just don’t like mint at all, you can omit the extract, or you can only add it to the frosting or the cupcake. It really is versatile. I happen to love mint. There is some chocolate mint growing in my backyard. You can also take this herb and steep it in hot water for some tea.
Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes Recipe
Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
- 3/4 stick of Softened Butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar 1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint or spearmint extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour sifted
- 6 oz Hot Water
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of mint chips or andes mint chips
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 stick of butter
- 3 cups of sifted powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla or mint extract
- Few drops of green food coloring.
- Mix Butter and Sugar together in the mixer, add eggs and extract. In Large bowl mix dry ingredients with a whisk. Slowly alternate dry ingredients with water into creamed mixture bowl. Add mint chips.
- Heat Oven to 350 and scoop cupcakes into 12 liners. Place in oven for 18 -20 mins. Let cool.
- Mix, butter and cream cheese together, slowly add powdered sugar, extract and food coloring, a few drops at a time until desired consistency.
- To place in jars, cut cupcake in half. Add bottom half into 8 oz jar. Add frosting, add remainder of cupcake and then decorate. I added additional chips in between layers.
- For Cupcakes I add a chocolate ganache drizzle and then gold and green sugar crystals from Wilton.
If you loved this recipe and made it please give it a 5-star review! That will help it be seen more. You can also pin it to Pinterest or share it on Facebook.
*This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I get a small commission. Please see my disclosure policy for details
Items Used to Make these Cupcakes
If you like these Cupcakes in a Jar, try these other Jar desserts: