Instant Pot Creme Brulee Cheesecake is a smooth and creamy custard dessert that has a caramelized sugar crust on top. It is a luscious treat for that all will enjoy.
For tips on using your Instant Pot and best tools read here.
What does Creme Brulee mean?
Creme Brulee is also known as burned cream, burnt cream, Trinity cream, or Crema Catalana, which is a dessert consisting of a rich custard base topped with a texturally contrasting layer of hardened caramelized sugar.
Does Cheesecake Need a Water Bath
Cheesecake batter is basically a custard. It’s delicate, so you want to bake it slowly and evenly without browning the top. The most effective way to do this is to bake it in a water bath. A water bath method bakes the cake very gently, so it won’t darken, curdle, or crack. Using an Instant Pot creates an even baking process.
*This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I get a small commission. Please see my disclosure policy for details
- Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Unsalted Butter
- Cream Cheese
- Vanilla Extract
How To Make Instant Pot Creme Brulee Cheesecake
Creme Brulee Cheesecake
- 2 Cups Crushed Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1/4 Cup Butter Melted and Unsalted
- 2 8 oz Cream cheese softened
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 TBSP Cornstarch
- 2 Eggs Large
- 2 tsps Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- Line the bottom of a 6 inch springform pan with parchment paper and spray the sides with pam baking spray.
- Using a large bowl mix the melted butter and the crushed graham crackers crumbs. Press the crust into the springform pan.
- Place into the freezer while you make the cheesecake mixture.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat together the cream cheese and sugar mixture until combined and smooth
- Beat in the eggs 1 at a time until combined. Beat in the vanilla bean extract. Pour cheesecake mixture into the crust.
- Cover with foil. Fill the instant pot with 1 cup of water. Place a trivet inside. Place the springform pan onto the trivet. Close the lid and set to sealing. Bake on manual setting high pressure for 40 minutes.
- Once timer goes off allow to natural release for 20 minutes. Remove the lid and use a paper towel to dap onto the foil to remove condensation.
- Carefully remove from the pot and place onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely. Place into the fridge overnight Remove cheesecake from fridge and remove from springform pan.
Creme Brulee Topping
- Top the top of the cheesecake with ¾ C of sugar. Using a kitchen torch, melt the sugar until it becomes crystalized.
- Cut and serve!
Tips for Preventing a Cracked Cheesecake
- Grease the Pan Well
- Don’t Over beat the eggs
- Always Use a Water bath
- Don’t Over Bake
- Run a knife along the edge of the Springform Pan before releasing
- Get More Tips Here